Thread: Battery dead?

RC poster

Battery dead?

I have a 1200mah Traxxas battery and Traxxas 12v car charger. I've charged the battery a few times with my car 12v outlet because I didn't have an adapter to use it with a wall outlet.
    Today I found this old adapter from a portable car fridge. I used the adapter to charge the Traxxas battery from a wall outlet with the Traxxas 12v charger. The green light blinked for 30 minutes and then was a constant green. I thought this was a bit suspicious because it normally takes 75 minutes to load in my car. The battery didn't feel warm or smell funny.
    When using the battery now in my Teton, the green light keeps flashing quickly. The steering works, but I can't drive forward/backward.

Any suggestions?

RC poster
    Ok, I tried this, which worked:
    Turn on transmitter and then hold EZ button on esc till LED switches from green to red and release. LED will blink red once, then pull full throttle and hold till red blinks twice, then full reverse till LED turns green.

RC Enthusiast
    try a controller reset. I have 1/16 slash so I wouldn't know for the teton. try looking at some fourms on how you can do that.

if the steering works it's probally not dead. unless you can hear the motor trying to move. then it's probally dead.