NEW SMC 10,500mah lipos on the way.

From their web site

"We will also have some new models available in this next shipment. 10500mAh-2S and 7200mAh-3S for the E-Revo/Summit. 9200mAh-4S for the X-Maxx. 10500mAh-4S and 7200mAh-6S for the Unlimited Desert Racer. The new packs will be listed in on our site by the end of April in the True Spec Premium G10V2 series."

10500mah thats like 2.5 hours+ of crawling time with a brushless set up

SMC, Worth the wait.

I mostly posted this cuz the summit forums are getting kinda slow and boring and stale.
    (And I'm tired of tricking you guys)
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    Maybe you should check out the Traxxas Summit group on Facebook.
    OVERKILL,10Sum,16Sum,Xo1,MMSlas,44Stamp,Rus,16Ral

RC Qualifier
    I email them a few weeks ago and was told the same thing.

Just waiting for them to list them.

RC Racer
    7200 3S !!! wow this will be a non ending run !!
    "souvent fauché toujours marteau !"

RC poster
    there's just 1 thing that threw me off initially with SMC batteries. they list the C rating and the amps. but the maths don't add up to the same thing. ended up ordering the wrong battery (still ok though since i'll use them on my crawler) and having to order 2 more for my summit at the correct amperage rating. wish they would just use the official maths to display the correct c rating.

that said. I ended up ordering 2x 7200 2s packs today. they will provide plenty of runtime for me

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by hegel View Post
    there's just 1 thing that threw me off initially with SMC batteries. they list the C rating and the amps. but the maths don't add up to the same thing. ended up ordering the wrong battery (still ok though since i'll use them on my crawler) and having to order 2 more for my summit at the correct amperage rating. wish they would just use the official maths to display the correct c rating.

that said. I ended up ordering 2x 7200 2s packs today. they will provide plenty of runtime for me
    The problem is NO ONE uses “official maths” when it comes to c rating or amperage. The truth is it’s all very complex electronics
    Maths with way too many real world variables. That’s made worse by the fact these equations are at a very finite scale that runs on theory. Many manufacturers abuse this obscurity in terms of marketing and sales jargon.

I will say this though, SMC makes a great product and it performs consistently, unlike some less reliable brands *cough*fluereon*cough*

RC Qualifier
    There up on the site for preorder!
    I just placed my order for a set of 10500mah 2S packs!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    The problem is NO ONE uses “official maths” when it comes to c rating or amperage. The truth is it’s all very complex electronics
    Maths with way too many real world variables. That’s made worse by the fact these equations are at a very finite scale that runs on theory. Many manufacturers abuse this obscurity in terms of marketing and sales jargon.

I will say this though, SMC makes a great product and it performs consistently, unlike some less reliable brands *cough*fluereon*cough*
    yep I get that. I know more now so I won't make that mistake again. SMC will likely be my go-to supplier from now on.

RC Racer
    I ordered one as well, hope they are getting a bunch in!

RC Competitor
    I plan on upgrading to a mamba monster x sensored setup, which I might need these batteries lol. I currently have their 5000mah 2s 50C packs and I get about an hour of run time with a mix of speed and crawling.
    Teton, rustler vxl, summit; what's next?

RC Qualifier
    My packs just showed up!

Just need to get a few other things sorted and I can test them out!

RC poster

How did they work out??

Quote Originally Posted by Badmunky View Post
    My packs just showed up!

Just need to get a few other things sorted and I can test them out!
    I’m looking to get a set for my summit also very interested on the turn out!