RC Competitor

Question Latrax Rally FPV?

Boy, this section is slow. Let's keep the Rally talk going.

Has anyone put an FPV camera in the Rally? Any photos or suggestions on how to mount one? I will post some photos later showing the equipment that I intend on putting in the rally. It should be a fun project.

I haven't, but I recommend having an old junky body, and cutting a hole in the windshield and having the camera under the body, so if it flips or anything, the camera will be safe. The only concern than is the motor, if the magnet is to strong, than you could ruin the memory card, or camera, so I don't know.
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

RC Competitor
    I plan on putting fpv in my Rally ( in the next few months) and starting a small skatepark race with a friend of mine.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    I plan on putting fpv in my Rally ( in the next few months) and starting a small skatepark race with a friend of mine.
    Sounds like fun!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Sounds like fun!
    Yea, I am surprised how much fun the rally is in a small skate park. My slash 4x4 has too much power for the small size of the park and my sst can handle the jumps and obstacles too easily. The rally requires more finesse and makes it more fun. Not to mention the drifting.

Traxxas Marshal
    Yes, I can imagine it takes a bit more work with the lack of ground clearance. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with video wise!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster

My fpv rally

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteBuffalo View Post
    Boy, this section is slow. Let's keep the Rally talk going.

Has anyone put an FPV camera in the Rally? Any photos or suggestions on how to mount one? I will post some photos later showing the equipment that I intend on putting in the rally. It should be a fun project.

I have a small fpv camera from amazon i use on my rally, from amazon and fatshark goggles it really is alot of fun but i have not done much sober driving

Bearing upgrade
    Shock upgrade

https://youtu.be/1MoPt8-vVrk
    More on my channel and i might keep uploading some more later if i get better

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Immiklos View Post
    I have a small fpv camera from amazon i use on my rally, from amazon and fatshark goggles it really is alot of fun but i have not done much sober driving

Bearing upgrade
    Shock upgrade

https://youtu.be/1MoPt8-vVrk
    More on my channel and i might keep uploading some more later if i get better
    Can you post a pic of the car? I'm curious how to mount the camera. (What camera did you use?)

Thanks!

RC poster
    I'm not sure how to upload a picture here the picture icon is asking for a link to upload

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanW View Post
    Can you post a pic of the car? I'm curious how to mount the camera. (What camera did you use?)

Thanks!