RC Enthusiast

Talking Nitro sport 3.3 ported n polished for extra power just keeps shut of

Hi im just having troubble witv my car and when i give it full speed so the car just shut off after 3 minutes i have alredy lost my carb setings is it det carburator going bad or what
    Traxxas bandit vxl/tsm.
    La trax alias quad.

So when it dies, does it restart right away, or do you have to let it set and cool off. If you have to let it cool off, your piston and sleeve may be worn out. If it just dies when you give full throttle and the restarts, then it is a tuning issue
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

What are the running temps when it shuts off?
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Enthusiast
    Hm not sure what the temp is but when it dies it starts again. But this engine is always hard to start and every time i must priming it 2 minutes and then the fuel runs slowly to carburator and piston/sleeve looks god and have running about 1-1/2 litres optimix 20 rtr nitrofuel and the highspeed needle i have set is 4-5turns out
    Traxxas bandit vxl/tsm.
    La trax alias quad.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlsson84 View Post
    Hm not sure what the temp is but when it dies it starts again. But this engine is always hard to start and every time i must priming it 2 minutes and then the fuel runs slowly to carburator and piston/sleeve looks god and have running about 1-1/2 litres optimix 20 rtr nitrofuel and the highspeed needle i have set is 4-5turns out
    You can never tune by the amount of turns, no 2 carbs are identicle and within reason no 2 engines are.... Try tuning with this guide I wrote up and see what you think... https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ul-Tuning-tips
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall