RC Enthusiast

Question Need a new cc motor, broke the old 3800kv

I was doing some speed runs w 6400mAh 3s and 18/48 gearing. It had rained so there was hardly any traction and I pushed it pretty hard. After 10 mins I lost all power to wheels and thought " well the pinion bolt is loose again" only to go and find out that I broke the whole end of the magnet (not 5mm, 1410-3800kv w sidewinder sct esc, the discontinued one). I know it isn't fully supporting 3s w 4wd 1/10 cars and I recently changed diff fluids to 60k. That must have given the motor extra stress... What Is a strong motor for high speed runs that has 5mm rotor? I am kinda fimiliar w castle products but it can be also another brand. I still have the sidewinder sct esc so if it is compatible, it will be cheaper

I highly recommend the cc 2400kv mamba x combo. I dont think that you can really use the 2400kv motor well with your current esc so definitely get the combo. you can get the motor in 5mm and the thing has insane power. I've pushed mine to almost 80mph on 3s with 25/36 (mod 1) and temps were at the 120-130 range.
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks man, think I will be getting the mamba x 2400kv combo, does it come w everything you need to get data out of it w pc? Read somewhere there is castle link code in the box bot do you need to buy the adapter to connect to your pc seperatley? Thanks a lot in advance

RC Enthusiast
    Is there even a 25t pinion ? Highest i can find is 23t hardened steel ones from amazon. Does that mod 1 spur fit center diff or should I reinstall slipper?

RC Enthusiast
    If you are going to 2400, go back to the slipper, center diff will not handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by emorzz View Post
    Thanks man, think I will be getting the mamba x 2400kv combo, does it come w everything you need to get data out of it w pc? Read somewhere there is castle link code in the box bot do you need to buy the adapter to connect to your pc seperatley? Thanks a lot in advance
    I highly recommend that you get that motor system! I have named it the New El Sob special motor system! I have been running it for over a year an the more I run it, the more I love it! I usually run it at least five days a week, it has seen plenty of action. I am positive you will keep a smile on your face when you run it! As long as you run a 2s lipo the center differential should be fine.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Enthusiast
    I recently found a hobbywing xerun 150a esc, specwise it seems better than mamba x but does anyone use it? It has tekin 2650kv motor w it so kinda similar w mamba x 2400kv combo but a lot cheaper. Any thoughts?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I highly recommend that you get that motor system! I have named it the New El Sob special motor system! I have been running it for over a year an the more I run it, the more I love it! I usually run it at least five days a week, it has seen plenty of action. I am positive you will keep a smile on your face when you run it! As long as you run a 2s lipo the center differential should be fine.
    Oh yeah, are you running ET-3S in hacked mode? I know ur running the blue 2400. (Mm, it’s such a nice color of blue) But if you’re using the Mamba X, how do you like it?