Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    41

    Rear tires on or off any why.

    Title is the question towards all of you.

    Do you run with the spares on or off any why?

    At the moment I'm running with them off as it's just unneeded weight imo.

  2. #2
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    84
    On. Looks cooler and i can slide the rear around a little easier. And if not, it looks cooler.

  3. #3
    RC Champion fourdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Posts
    1,901
    I took them off and added a spoiler.



    I felt when i took off the rear spares it traction rolled a lot less. i do have less bite, and on hard throttle its not uncommon for it to do a 180.

    Was quite a bit nose heavy, so i added the spoiler, and that seems to have helped out quite a bit. Now i have metal trailing arms, so hope that adds a little more weight to the rear, and low enough to help the center of gravity.

    you lose a bit of traction is the downfall to removing the spares, got to remember the truck was designed to carry that weight, every bit was carefully looked at before it was approved or the truck. Shock loadout and weight ect, is with the extra weight on the rear already being compensated for.

    hope this helps!
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    41
    Looking into widening the wheel base or stance to help it out since I run I grass more often than not. I want it to slide before roll. Thinking how thin the wheels are may also be part of the cause more so than the spares not being mounted

  5. #5
    RC Champion fourdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Posts
    1,901
    On some full size Dirt, Sand, and Stadium trucks, they cut/grind/file off the outside edge of the tire. that edge of the tire is almost a 90degree corner, when going sideways it likes to catch, even when spinning (not ballooned), it will flip you over.

    Under high speed corner, the tires are ballooning enough to where the 90 degree corner is gone, and the tire has a more curved look. that is what is enabling you to drift so well with this truck. Its them low speed, or "not under enough power" turns where it catches and flips.

    You could try slightly modifying the edges of the tires, until you find a sweet spot. (think D shaped or Triangle shapped) (don't get too crazy with the mods, but in case you hurt or ruin one, you do got two working spares )

    Hope this helps!



    Hope this helps!
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

  6. #6
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    41
    I'll check that out, thanks!

  7. #7
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    41
    Wonder if a simple tire change over to the Baja Rey tires would fix it if the edge of the tire biting is what the cause is. They look a lot less aggressive on the outer edges

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier MAC FAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    801
    The "problem" you guys have is this: Traxxas totally nailed it on performance and scale for this being a TROPHY TRUCK. Acts like the real thing. They body roll and do all kinds of "undesireable" things that your Slash wouldn't think twice about. Different animal all together. Everyone will have to stiffen the suspension by quite a bit to get it to be more Slash like. Tires off the back makes the truck nose heavy, stiffening the rear shock tune but jacking up weight transfer. Look at Instagram, # whoop Wednesday and see what the truck is built to do. Another brand was built to bash like a Slash, and from videos I've seen, sucks where the UDR shines. So again, the basher crowd needs to stiffen the suspension and or stiffen the sway bars to make this leopard lose its spots. But then you don't have a leopard.....

  9. #9
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    The "problem" you guys have is this: Traxxas totally nailed it on performance and scale for this being a TROPHY TRUCK. Acts like the real thing. They body roll and do all kinds of "undesireable" things that your Slash wouldn't think twice about. Different animal all together. Everyone will have to stiffen the suspension by quite a bit to get it to be more Slash like. Tires off the back makes the truck nose heavy, stiffening the rear shock tune but jacking up weight transfer. Look at Instagram, # whoop Wednesday and see what the truck is built to do. Another brand was built to bash like a Slash, and from videos I've seen, sucks where the UDR shines. So again, the basher crowd needs to stiffen the suspension and or stiffen the sway bars to make this leopard lose its spots. But then you don't have a leopard.....
    You are 100% correct.
    Slash 4x4 XMaxx Ford GT TRX-4 UDR

  10. #10
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeede View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    The "problem" you guys have is this: Traxxas totally nailed it on performance and scale for this being a TROPHY TRUCK. Acts like the real thing. They body roll and do all kinds of "undesireable" things that your Slash wouldn't think twice about. Different animal all together. Everyone will have to stiffen the suspension by quite a bit to get it to be more Slash like. Tires off the back makes the truck nose heavy, stiffening the rear shock tune but jacking up weight transfer. Look at Instagram, # whoop Wednesday and see what the truck is built to do. Another brand was built to bash like a Slash, and from videos I've seen, sucks where the UDR shines. So again, the basher crowd needs to stiffen the suspension and or stiffen the sway bars to make this leopard lose its spots. But then you don't have a leopard.....
    You are 100% correct.
    x2, I agree with this completely.
    This is not a bashing truck, everyone is trying to build this as a basher, when its meant to be a "pro scale" truck

  11. #11
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    41
    The intent here isn't to change it from a baja)/stadium truck.
    My post is asking if people run theirs with the tired on or off and why
    Having issues with the truck rolling over easily and I'm trying to rectify that by balancing the weight better or lightening it up if it will help. You don't see the real truck roll over at the slightest turn at high speed. More often than not they slide and then settle. Unless they hit a dirt embankment or something big.


    After comparing the super Baja Rey tired to these it looks like they took that into consideration when deciding on a tire tread to use.

    The goal isn't to turn it into a basher, it's to make it's to increase driveability on all surface's. Nobody likes taking slow turns to prevent roll overs..

  12. #12
    RC Champion fourdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Posts
    1,901
    I think most of the comments are directed at me, since I've already modified my UDR into a onroad vehicle and a monster truck, LoLoLoL.



    not practical but i love the look haha.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

  13. #13
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    41
    ohh see. Haha yeah.
    Looks nice still

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    , since I've already modified my UDR into a onroad vehicle
    It looked really cool though. Has anyone here thought of converting their UDR to RWD.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

  15. #15
    RC Champion fourdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Posts
    1,901
    YouTube 2wd UDR, theres a guy who is running it on 8th scale buggy track, and rwd clears the triples.

    few other 2wd videos up.

    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •