RC poster

Question Diesel in an nitro?

So I have seen this question asked in several different forums. most people said that diesels to explosive and or it just wont go off. So i got to thinking maybe if we diluted some of the nitro with diesel and leaned out the engine would that help?

It would be highly impracticable. The engine is designed to be run on nitro so trying to run it on anything else would be difficult and would likely require you to own an engineering degree and machine shop.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

I guess you asking because of the cost of a gallon of nitro vs a gallon of diesel.

The glow plug causes a reaction with the fuel to cause an explosion. Diesel needs glow to warm the cylinder but then ignites on compression alone. Plus you are dealing with two different flash points; nitromethane is flammable, diesel is not.

If you were thinking the diesel route you could visit: http://www.davisdieseldevelopment.com/index.htm but be advised that even still you have to use a special diesel fuel much more costly than at the pumps.
    The Super Derecho

Oh someone at davis diesel has already done it huh? Well there ya go theyve already got the degree and machineshop lol.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

Well im also interested. It seems they have a conversion for the traxxas 3.3 but i cant find much info on their website.
    10 RCs and counting 😅