RC poster

Second set of 2075ís gone

Less than two weeks ago the first set went, Traxxas replaced them. Now they’ve gone again.
    Pretty upset if I’m honest.
    Kinda think they should replace them with 2075xs instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words and banned websites or brands to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out.
    ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 05-15-2018 at 05:01 PM.

RC Racer
    When you installed the new ones did you make sure they were properly aligned? There is actually a pretty good procedure on how to do this in the manual. If they are not aligned properly the two servos will fight each other and eventually burn out. This isn't the case 100% of the time though. In my case I had one servo just burn out. Switched both over to Savox SW-0231MG servos and haven't looked back.

RC poster
    Thanks for the tip, it was Traxxas UK that swapped them over so hope they got it right.
    Took the car back again and asked them to look as to why itís done it again, could be the esc is killing them?

RC Competitor
    These servos are failing frequently in many different models, so it is more likely that the problem is in the servo than not. There's numerous threads in various subforums here detailing the same problem.

You could consider a single, higher torque servo, which there is a long thread about. Or, you could consider maintaining a dual servo setup, which the Savox 0231 is a good economical choice for.

RC poster
    Iíll see how long the replacements work for and head the Savox route if they go again.

Or one Savox 1210. I run just that one in my 2 servo rc's.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

As I was talking about it earlier, Traxxas is well aware of the 2075 servo issues. From what I've picked up they had a large batch of bad control boards get installed in them. I've replaced at least 20 or more at my LHS that I've had to send back to Traxxas. If you're having servo issues just hit them up and talk to them, they should be pretty friendly with helping you out.

If not, if we talk aftermarket servos I personally love Savox servos. The 1230SG is awesome, as is the 1270TG. The 0231MG is great too, but it's best to run dual 0231's for best performance.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Yup i can attest to the savox line as well. Im running them in all my rigs.

Also, another brand has caught my attention and i think i will be switching soon to promodeler servos.

They're made and tested according to military standards (they were primarily making servos for government contracts before they started selling to us hobbyists) and they offer almost all replacement parts for their servos including motors and potentiometers. And their prices and specs are competetive with most other brands.

If savox offered a replacement motor, i would have 2 more working savox servos atm. Instead i have to cannibalize other servos to get the replacement parts needed.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    Also, another brand has caught my attention and i think i will be switching soon to promodeler servos.
    wow. definitely looks interesting...

DS470BLHV: 0.07 - 470oz-in at 8.4V @$99??

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    wow. definitely looks interesting...

They are awesome. I've got the 360 in my Stampede 4x4 and it is great. The servos are well-made and highly engineered, even built in the USA with some USA sourced parts. Lots of good reading on their website.

RC Qualifier
    Guys, stop saying its not properly aligned. I went through 5 2075's (2 stripped and 3 flat out stopped). Now, yes, he can easily have had them misaligned but even if he was spot on they burn out even under the lightest driving conditions. Replaced both with savox 0231-MG servos and never looked back. 416 oz in of torque is unbeatable and they're metal geared. (er, unbeatable for the pricetag of only $70 for both and they run on 6 volts and need no bec and no new receiver) No extension was needed, it drops right in. Now my only problem is my ripped tire.
    Last edited by Peeeenuuutt; 05-14-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    ...but it's best to run dual 0231's for best performance.
    Disagree with all due respect. May I ask what your reasoning is? Ive ran single Savox waterproof 1210 servo in Summit, all aluminum ERBE 1.0, Stock Erbe 1.0, Stampede 4x4 with all 1/8 scale components, and now in new ERBE 2.0. All with flawless performance and no drain on electrical system running it from Trx stock rx @ 6v.
    Savox 1210 @ 6v = 277 oz in / 2 Trx 2075 @ 6v = 250 oz in.
    Im my experience so far and Im not claiming to be an expert, single servo systems are much simpler and with the Sav 1210 servo theres more than enough power to handle the rock crawling Summit.
    Think about how much load is on it when those are biting a rock, crawling up on a slow turn to get good angle on rock to traverse it.
    Have you tried the single 1210 by itself in dual servo setup chassis? Plus with external bec 1210 can handle 7.4v for more torque n speed. Theres no need to run another servo. Really no need for 2 even with running 1210 at 6v.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    they're metal geared. (er, unbeatable for the pricetag of only $70 for both and they run on 6 volts and need no bec and no new receiver) No extension was needed, it drops right in. Now my only problem is my ripped tire.
    Im pretty sure all Savox are metal geared. The 1210 is exactly same- drop in, run @ 6v, no need for additional anything to run it. 1210 at my lhs is $10 more than 2 of 0231's. So online maybe able to find for same price.
    Yup i can attest to the savox line as well. Im running them in all my rigs. Also, another brand has caught my attention and i think i will be switching soon to promodeler servos
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    This is at 8.4v, for the most part I believe very few run external bec so whats the specs at 6v. We need to compare apples to apples. If discussing servo torque then lets list what those are at 6v since thats what stock v is. I dont mind seeing max torque at higher v with disclaimer of needing to run external bec or turn up stock v which isnt recommended. I just dont want someone or even a noob to jump in and buy something not realizing the true performance on stock v. Thats why i try to remember when suggesting 1210 that it can handle more v for increased torque if wanted or needed. Also like mentioning using 0231 as an economical choice for a servo but not mentioning that 2 of those are needed for required torque. At $35 a piece so that's 70 bucks. For any good brand, reliable servo(s) with torque needed for our application look to spend $70-$90ish range.
    Appreciate all the info, help and respect in our discussions here in this forum, thats another reason why I love this hobby. Its a brotherhood almost and everyones questions & comments are respected, welcomed and all around good for us noobs. I feel like one everyday even with all my experiences and knowledge so far in this Hobby.
    Last edited by Briber; 05-14-2018 at 02:37 PM.

While we're on the subject, its worth mentioning that for $20 and a castle link (another $20 if you dont already have one) you could install a castle BEC and that would unlock the option to use a high voltage servo.

Even if you keep it at the factory 6v, if your using a high powered single or dual servo setup, a BEC could give you a noticable performance increase depending on how efficient and powerful your servos are.

Edit: You can run a higher voltage setup if you rx (or servo obviously) allows. If your rx is 6v maximum input voltage, then the max you can run is 6v.
    Last edited by MaXXL; 05-14-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC Qualifier
    I bought a couple Promodeler servos after reading reviews and checking out their website. I bought 2 DS360. 1 for my 2.0 if the 2750s give up. And 1 for a backup for my other cars. Pretty good specs for the price. 290 oz at 6v. $49. They seem very well made (USA) and totally rebuildable.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    ...............This is at 8.4v.............
    Hitec 7955TG:

Promodeler DS470BLHV:

Quote Originally Posted by davew View Post
    I bought a couple Promodeler servos after reading reviews and checking out their website. I bought 2 DS360. 1 for my 2.0 if the 2750s give up. And 1 for a backup for my other cars. Pretty good specs for the price. 290 oz at 6v. $49. They seem very well made (USA) and totally rebuildable.

Are they waterproof servos? Thats a pretty good price too!

RC Qualifier
    Yes sir.

Disagree with all due respect. May I ask what your reasoning is? Ive ran single Savox waterproof 1210 servo in Summit, all aluminum ERBE 1.0, Stock Erbe 1.0, Stampede 4x4 with all 1/8 scale components, and now in new ERBE 2.0. All with flawless performance and no drain on electrical system running it from Trx stock rx
    I see there was a misunderstanding. I was referring to the Savox 0231MG, which puts out only 208oz which is less than the stock twin 2075 servos. That's not the main reason though, it's the gearing. The brass gears inside are tough, but they're not turning twin 3.8 tires tough. I've personally seen a few gears sets killed this way, hence why I recommenced running dual servos to lessen the impact on the gear sets.

I agree with you though, running a single Savox 1210 is plenty enough, and since it has steel gears it's up to the task to hold up by itself.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Competitor
    Are they waterproof servos? Thats a pretty good price too!

Yes, as davew said, and with a bunch of O-rings in there, more bolts holding it together, and even conformal coating on the board for vibration protection too. Check out their website. He's got a TON of information about servo design and manufacture on there. The owner is very passionate about servos. Once you read through it and purchase one of his servos you'll be convinced you can't do better for the money (or even more).

I just wish I bought another 360 when I got the first one!

RC Qualifier
    Disagree with all due respect. May I ask what your reasoning is? Ive ran single Savox waterproof 1210 servo in Summit, all aluminum ERBE 1.0, Stock Erbe 1.0, Stampede 4x4 with all 1/8 scale components, and now in new ERBE 2.0. All with flawless performance and no drain on electrical system running it from Trx stock rx @ 6v.
    Savox 1210 @ 6v = 277 oz in / 2 Trx 2075 @ 6v = 250 oz in.
    Im my experience so far and Im not claiming to be an expert, single servo systems are much simpler and with the Sav 1210 servo theres more than enough power to handle the rock crawling Summit.
    Think about how much load is on it when those are biting a rock, crawling up on a slow turn to get good angle on rock to traverse it.
    Have you tried the single 1210 by itself in dual servo setup chassis? Plus with external bec 1210 can handle 7.4v for more torque n speed. Theres no need to run another servo. Really no need for 2 even with running 1210 at 6v.Im pretty sure all Savox are metal geared. The 1210 is exactly same- drop in, run @ 6v, no need for additional anything to run it. 1210 at my lhs is $10 more than 2 of 0231's. So online maybe able to find for same price. This is at 8.4v, for the most part I believe very few run external bec so whats the specs at 6v. We need to compare apples to apples. If discussing servo torque then lets list what those are at 6v since thats what stock v is. I dont mind seeing max torque at higher v with disclaimer of needing to run external bec or turn up stock v which isnt recommended. I just dont want someone or even a noob to jump in and buy something not realizing the true performance on stock v. Thats why i try to remember when suggesting 1210 that it can handle more v for increased torque if wanted or needed. Also like mentioning using 0231 as an economical choice for a servo but not mentioning that 2 of those are needed for required torque. At $35 a piece so that's 70 bucks. For any good brand, reliable servo(s) with torque needed for our application look to spend $70-$90ish range.
    Appreciate all the info, help and respect in our discussions here in this forum, thats another reason why I love this hobby. Its a brotherhood almost and everyones questions & comments are respected, welcomed and all around good for us noobs. I feel like one everyday even with all my experiences and knowledge so far in this Hobby.
    there's no point in arguing when you're wrong. Notice how this guy cut out where I said "416 oz in of torque" which completely destroys all his arguments. let me repeat it. 0231's are probably the best thing you can throw in. Like this unnecessary argument was saying, he used a savox single servo, which needs a BEC in most cases, high voltage, costs $10 more, and has 277oz in, which is obviously way worse than 416. If ya live in a dry environment, yes, nonwaterproof servos are cheaper and will outperform these both. point is, ur argument makes no sense..

EDIT (READ THIS) I dont feel like retyping this, but sorry about my triggeredness. Its a long shift today and im just uselessly dispersing anger. please disreguard all unnecessary rude comments made in this post, just read the fact stuff tho.
    Last edited by Peeeenuuutt; 05-16-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    there's no point in arguing when you're wrong. Notice how this guy cut out where I said "416 oz in of torque" which completely destroys all his arguments. let me repeat it. 0231's are probably the best thing you can throw in. Like this unnecessary argument was saying, he used a savox single servo, which needs a BEC in most cases, high voltage, costs $10 more, and has 277oz in, which is obviously way worse than 416. If ya live in a dry environment, yes, nonwaterproof servos are cheaper and will outperform these both. point is, ur argument makes no sense..

EDIT (READ THIS) I dont feel like retyping this, but sorry about my triggeredness. Its a long shift today and im just uselessly dispersing anger. please disreguard all unnecessary rude comments made in this post, just read the fact stuff tho.
    No arguments, its just a discussion comparing options.

- Whos wrong?
    - Not sure who your referring to about using single savox servo which needs bec in most cases. I explained my use of single savox servo in my different rc's and running on stock 6v.
    Saying 0231 are best is in your opinion. I think my single sav serv is best. Point being everyone has different opinions according to experiences so listing facts is very important then ppl can make their own decision based off specs. No hard feelings what so ever.

I think those promodeler servos are definitely worth a try and plan on buying and testing one out. Just good to have options!

Last edited by Briber; 05-16-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Which design is best when choosing between 3 pole, coreless or brushless for the servo choice? Other than price, I don't see how to make a decision between the three types; unless some of them are not digital, then that would be a determining factor of course.

I understand some of them have different transient times and whatnot; but does coreless have an advantage over 3 pole and does brushless have an advantage over coreless? Which type would run the coolest as far as temperature goes and which would be the most reliable?
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 06-27-2018 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Correction
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

Funny you should ask because ProModeler has a writeup on their website. Im telling you, that website has a wealth of information regarding servos. Anyone interested in learning more should pay a visit.

http://www.promodeler.com/askJohn/ta.../Servo-secrets

Basically it goes brushless > brushed coreless > 3 pole brushed cored
    10 RCs and counting 😅

Funny you should ask because ProModeler has a writeup on their website. Im telling you, that website has a wealth of information regarding servos. Anyone interested in learning more should pay a visit.

http://www.promodeler.com/askJohn/ta.../Servo-secrets

Basically it goes brushless > brushed coreless > 3 pole brushed cored

Not only have I payed that site a visit; but I intend to pay them money as well.

I just had four Savox SW-0231MG servos fail on me in a row. One failed electronically and three failed mechanically. The ones that failed mechanically, locked up so hard that I couldn't return the servo to neutral after I got it off the vehicle.

Meaning, I could not physically return the servo from the locked position it ended up in, which I believe they locked hard right. I took the servo off and could not budge it at all. Normally, when a servo failed on me in the past, I could remove the servo from the vehicle and I would be able to move the horn freely through its entire travel; which would indicate an electronic failure.

Not on three of those Savox's though. I had three fail mechanically and I talked to support about it and the Rep that answered my support ticket just boasted about how Savox had only a 1.6% failure rate in the past two years for that particular servo. I believe him, but I just couldn't get over the fact that all four failed in a row. I returned the first two I got on an RMA form I filled out and received two more faulty servos within a two week period.

What are the odds that I would get two more servos from the same batch of faulty servos in a two or three week period? Just didn't make any sense why the servos were locking hard right except for the one electronic failure.
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    Not only have I payed that site a visit; but I intend to pay them money as well.

I just had four Savox SW-0231MG servos fail on me in a row. One failed electronically and three failed mechanically. The ones that failed mechanically, locked up so hard that I couldn't return the servo to neutral after I got it off the vehicle.

Meaning, I could not physically return the servo from the locked position it ended up in, which I believe they locked hard right. I took the servo off and could not budge it at all. Normally, when a servo failed on me in the past, I could remove the servo from the vehicle and I would be able to move the horn freely through its entire travel; which would indicate an electronic failure.

Not on three of those Savox's though. I had three fail mechanically and I talked to support about it and the Rep that answered my support ticket just boasted about how Savox had only a 1.6% failure rate in the past two years for that particular servo. I believe him, but I just couldn't get over the fact that all four failed in a row. I returned the first two I got on an RMA form I filled out and received two more faulty servos within a two week period.

What are the odds that I would get two more servos from the same batch of faulty servos in a two or three week period? Just didn't make any sense why the servos were locking hard right except for the one electronic failure.
    Others have had great success with the 0231 although im not sure how long it will last.

I havnt been so lucky lol and neither have you apparently. Like i said, Savox's other servos have been great and i would have bought many more of them if i never found out about Promodeler.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

I recently purchased a Promodeler for my nitro Revo and the only beef is that I wish they had more of a selection. Otherwise a very nice - I mean very nice - servo. Per the specs does not to be as power hungry under load and stall as a Savox. Plus I bought a glitch buster just in case.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    So im just getting through this thread and finding i didnt kill my 2750's. Both went out, esc is fine. I will get a replacement set, nut does anyone have good upgrade. Im still a noob at upgrading. Help is appreciated

RC Enthusiast
    Good luck so far running a single ds3218. Best $18 spent on the Revo.