RC poster

MERV has no steering when going forward

Hello all! New here from Dallas. My son has a 1/16 ERevo VXL and immediately 15 minutes into his first 3S run he blew the steering servo out the other day. I took the servo to Traxxas and went ahead and got a second new one to run dual servos. Well, long story short, no matter what it has no steering power at all with the throttle engaged at all. But it does fine in reverse or sitting still. I have tried on 2s and 3s, as well as only either or servo or both. Anyone have any ideas?

Did you check if you are using the right slots of the receiver?
    Dual servos is not easy to get going without the servos 'fighting' each other. A better solution is to use a single, more powerful servo.
    Besides that, faulty servos can cause weird behaviour.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC poster
    I did. It will function at idle, reverse or on a stand. They are both brand new replacement servos from Traxxas. It's almost as if there isn't enough power to distribute in forward drive.

RC poster
    I ended up finding this gem and realized it was the TSM taking over. He must've hit it to the magic spot somehow.. it was great fun to get it out on straight grooved concrete of a private, closed road on a single 3S and the wheelie bar all the way down! I couldn't begin to guess speed but it seems stupid fast and the tires were ballooning so much it would almost crab walk on by!

Good to hear that it's solved!
    Nobody is born with experience