RC Enthusiast

Question Traxxas Link won't connect to My phone.

I bought the Link over a year or two ago and haven't really used because I found out afterwards that I need to buy the telemetry things as well. So now I am trying to use it again but it won't connect to my phone. I have tried both troubleshooting options it gives me. No luck. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge running Android 7.0. Help?

RC Enthusiast
    So it does connect to my iPod 5 Touch, but is there still a way that I can connect my phone to it?

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoggor View Post
    I bought the Link over a year or two ago and haven't really used because I found out afterwards that I need to buy the telemetry things as well. So now I am trying to use it again but it won't connect to my phone. I have tried both troubleshooting options it gives me. No luck. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge running Android 7.0. Help?
    If your referring to the bluetooth module in the transmitter and it's over
    a year or so old you may have to have Traxxas reflash it. Call support and
    they will fix you up, no charge.

Edit: Make sure you turn on "Location" on the Android phone.
    Last edited by Rich2; 05-13-2018 at 07:41 PM.

RC Competitor
    Yes I just had my Traxxas Link module reflashed this past week. Prior to the reflash, I could not connect it to my samsung Galaxy Android phone. But it connected just fine to an iPod. There was no charge for the reflash.

RC poster
    Just bought a new old stock 4tec 3.3 and like everyone else I could not get it to work with my android 7.1.
    After reading about sending the link module into Traxxas for a long waiting period while the module is being re-flashed I figured why would I want to use my everyday phone around oil, nitro fuel, and risk the chance of scratch's and what not.
    I simply found a un-used android 4 phone that I dedicated for use with my 4tec. I paid 15 bucks to a friend for the phone, a small price to pay and a lot time saved.
    I simply asked around to my friends and was able to find a older Samsung Note II with Android 4, and my 4teck 3.3 linked right up.
    What I did was reset the phone to factory, downloaded Google Chrome and the Traxxas Link. After these two downloads I disabled the wi-fi so the phone wont auto update. Now I will just use the Samsung Note II phone only for the 4tec.

Why go through the headache just find a cheap old phone. You don't even have to have service for it all to work, just wi-fi for downloading.