RC Champion

Getting a 2wd Slash tomorrow

I'll be going to my LHS in the morning and I plan on picking up a 2wd Slash with the Ford Raptor body. I've had a Slash a few times before. I'm getting it to just bash around outside in the street, parking lots, baseball fields. Would you guys recommend a 2wd for that kind of stuff, or the 4wd? I'm just worried about the 2wd being a little harder to control than the 4wd. Does the 2wd tend to spin out alot? Let me know what you guys think I should get. Thanks!

RC Champion
    Also, for what I'll be using it for, should I get brushed or brushless?

RC Racer
    Id say 2wd would be perfect. As for brushed vs brushless, brushless is a lot faster but you break more parts with more speed. The titan is pretty capable, but the castle SCT 3800kv system is a beast.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    Id say 2wd would be perfect. As for brushed vs brushless, brushless is a lot faster but you break more parts with more speed. The titan is pretty capable, but the castle SCT 3800kv system is a beast.
    this is a good post did you get your slash?

RC poster
    I have had a lot of fun with my basic 2wd slash. The Titan motor is pretty good (not great). I would buy the base one and upgrade later. One side note, if you are concerned with spinning out the ones with TSM helps a lot.

RC Champion
    I'm heading to the hobby shop now!

Quote Originally Posted by RobF353 View Post
    I'm heading to the hobby shop now!
    I have two of each along with a pede and love my 2wd's, its safe to say they get 85% more use then the 4wd's.
    I enjoy my 4wd's don't get me wrong, just saying the 2wd for me is much more fun.
    Best of luck, enjoy the new toy.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    Just left the shop with a 2wd Raptor! I also picked up a 2s lipo for it.

Sounds like you have an enjoyable day ahead of you.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    It's pouring here! I'll just take pictures of it all day probably! Haha

RC Champion
    I have my battery in and there's extra room. I see they included a foam block. Is that to put there to keep the battery tight? Do I put it in the front or the back of the battery?

RC Racer
    I have my battery in and there's extra room. I see they included a foam block. Is that to put there to keep the battery tight? Do I put it in the front or the back of the battery?
    In the front of the battery if you want more rear traction. Behind the battery if you want more steering sensitivity.

RC Racer
    I love my 2017 Raptor! I ended up converting to brushless, and installed a Lcg kit which helped the handling a lot.
    Wish It would rain here in Phoenix lol!
    Last edited by Gru734; 05-16-2018 at 11:24 AM.

RC Champion
    At the shop, there were so many options. I liked the 4wd because the LCG, but I don't think I need 4wd and I can always upgrade to the LCG chassis later on.

RC Champion
    Are there any tips on getting this to run any better out of the box? Shock positions, camber, etc?

RC Racer
    Are there any tips on getting this to run any better out of the box? Shock positions, camber, etc?
    The rear suspension is a little stiff from stock. If you can move it in a hole, that will help with traction and give you better control. It just might roll a little more in corners

RC Champion
    I see on the front arms, I can move the shock out towards the wheel one hole. The rear can be moved in or out. What do you recommend? I guess I'll drive it and see how I like it and then go from there.

RC Racer
    I see on the front arms, I can move the shock out towards the wheel one hole. The rear can be moved in or out. What do you recommend? I guess I'll drive it and see how I like it and then go from there.
    Moving it towards the wheel will stiffen it up. It depends on the suface on which your driving, off road you want softer suspension and higher ground clearance, and on road you want it stiffer and less ground clearance.

RC Champion
    I mounted my body and using the body clips seems like it doesn't hold on too well. What are some other options?

RC Champion
    Sorry, but I have another question.

I see alot of people recommending aluminum shock caps. Are they need only if you're doing jumps, like on a track? If I do decide to get them, which ones for the stock shocks? I was looking at Traxxas ones and they say they fit Ultra shocks, part #TRA3767X. Are those the ones for the stock shocks?

Can't wait to start using this thing!

RC poster
    Sorry, but I have another question.

I see alot of people recommending aluminum shock caps. Are they need only if you're doing jumps, like on a track? If I do decide to get them, which ones for the stock shocks? I was looking at Traxxas ones and they say they fit Ultra shocks, part #TRA3767X. Are those the ones for the stock shocks?

Can't wait to start using this thing!

I don’t jump mine a lot but if your planning to definitely worth getting and they will fit your shocks

RC Champion
    What are some good tires to look into getting? I'll be running on a few different surfaces like the street, baseball field dirt, parking lots. Let me know what you think.

If youre going to be running on pavement get trenchers. Badlands and lockup sc’s are good for dirt and light grass but will wear quickly on pavement
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Trenches look like offroading tires. I guess I'm looking for a good all around tire, so I don't have to change tires depending where I'm running.

The trenchers are an off toad tire but the tread pattern is such that they are decent on pavement. Ive heard people using bandito st’s on dirt and those are designed for street use. Ive used dirt hawgs but they arent that great off road and they will wear very quickly on pavement. Any decent off road tire is going to have treads that will wear quickly on pacement so its going to be hard to find somthing better then the trenchers if you want one tire for two (or more) completely different types of surfaces.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Trenches look like offroading tires. I guess I'm looking for a good all around tire, so I don't have to change tires depending where I'm running.
    You get suggestions but you basically dismiss them if you find a perfect tire for dirt, gravel, track, pavement and grass thats long lasting other than whats been suggested I would like to know also because from my understanding all you want is stock tires. I wish there was one magic tire I could use that would excel everywhere and not have to change. Choices would be so simple because there would only be one good choice.

RC Racer
    I have found the stock BF Goodrich tires to be pretty decent on most surfaces. And I've had the tires on my truck for almost a year, and they still have tread