RC Qualifier

GTR and MIP X-dutys

I am looking to buy the GTR shocks and MIP X-duty cvds tomorrow.

My finals questions are:

1. For bashing should I use a rear GtR shock in the front or stick to the shorter ones. Likely will not do much racing.

2. Has any body experienced any problems with the MIP axles? Do they have warranty? Also I read that you have to buy their wheel adapters or you will break the stock ones or 17mm adapters. I’ve also heard of the axles breaking as well. Is this true?

Thanks

I'm in the process of switching to MIP x duties, it's free and far between people that claim to break them. Rear shocks on front works best if you put a rare shock tower on front also, I've done this in my other Slash 4x4 with GTR shocks. I love it!

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    I'm in the process of switching to MIP x duties, it's free and far between people that claim to break them. Rear shocks on front works best if you put a rare shock tower on front also, I've done this in my other Slash 4x4 with GTR shocks. I love it!

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    What do you mean by free and far between people who claim to break them?

Would the rear shock on the from run better than front shock on the front? I plan on only bashing. Mostly jump ands hard hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIP X-Duty axles are worth the investment! I am currently running the original set of MIP X-Duty axles since 2011! They still work just fine. I highly recommend that you get a set. GTR shocks changed the game for me. I have had Ultra, Big Bore and Powerstroke shocks. When I got my first New Ultimate Edition Slash 4x4 that had GTR shocks, I knew I found what I have been searching for

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

These Hot Racing 17mm adaptors work great with the MIPs:

6mm Offset
    https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=WH17HS01;c=480

and

10mm Offset
    https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=WH17HT01;c=480
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Should I run rear in front? Do you think it matters?

Do you run wheel adapters with the MIP? I am running stock right now and have no intentions of them breaking. In previous forums I heard you need to buy the MIP adapters because the traxxas ones were too large. Experienced this?

RC Qualifier
    Haven’t used adapters before. What do you mean by offset? What is considered a good offset?

Quote Originally Posted by ati View Post
    What do you mean by free and far between people who claim to break them?

Would the rear shock on the from run better than front shock on the front? I plan on only bashing. Mostly jump ands hard hits.

Few and far between, sorry fat fingers and small buttons. For just bashing, front shocks on the front will work just fine.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    MIP X-Duty axles are worth the investment! I am currently running the original set of MIP X-Duty axles since 2011! They still work just fine. I highly recommend that you get a set. GTR shocks changed the game for me. I have had Ultra, Big Bore and Powerstroke shocks. When I got my first New Ultimate Edition Slash 4x4 that had GTR shocks, I knew I found what I have been searching for

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Do you use wheel adapters with your MIP axles? Could I run stock 12mm hubs?

Sorry for the double post. I forgot to quote you in the first one and I couldnít edit it for some reason.

The adapters give you a wider stance. I have 10mm.
    Havenít used adapters before. What do you mean by offset? What is considered a good offset?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    The adapters give you a wider stance. I have 10mm.

Is that beneficial? It looks like the body won't rub and it looks cool! But wouldn't that make turns wider?

Mine is an hcg chassis so it is very beneficial. Don't get me wrong, there is extensive trimming on that body. As far as turns being wider, in theory I guess it would make sense, in the reality of my backyard bashing, I didn't really notice a difference. I also have protrac arms on there, so it's extra wide.
    Is that beneficial? It looks like the body won't rub and it looks cool! But wouldn't that make turns wider?

Do you use wheel adapters with your MIP axles? Could I run stock 12mm hubs?

Sorry for the double post. I forgot to quote you in the first one and I couldn’t edit it for some reason.
    Those are the stock 12mm wheel hex. I don't use any adapters on my wheels.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Mine is an hcg chassis so it is very beneficial. Don't get me wrong, there is extensive trimming on that body. As far as turns being wider, in theory I guess it would make sense, in the reality of my backyard bashing, I didn't really notice a difference. I also have protrac arms on there, so it's extra wide.

sounds good, Ive heard a lot about the proline protrac suspension kit. Is it really as good as it sounds? Ive also read its mainly for racing... hows it work for bashing?

sounds good, Ive heard a lot about the proline protrac suspension kit. Is it really as good as it sounds? Ive also read its mainly for racing... hows it work for bashing?
    Mine is so wide that I have like zero rollovers, plus my suspension is very stiff. I made it to be stable, it is great for me. I never ran just the protrac kit by itself, so I can't say for sure. I love this setup for me personally.

RC Qualifier
    Mine is so wide that I have like zero rollovers, plus my suspension is very stiff. I made it to be stable, it is great for me. I never ran just the protrac kit by itself, so I can't say for sure. I love this setup for me personally.
    everything has advantages and advantages right? What are the disadvantages here?
    are the parts easy to replace?
    does speed decrease?
    Do they fit only specific cvds?

Nope. I think someone asked the question of downside of the Hot Racing adapters a few months back, and even the forum vets had trouble coming up with any. As far as my setup the only downside to the protrac kit was the steering links. The ones supplied are just a smidge too short. I ended up making my own. The other thing is most local hobby stores don't carry the protrac arms(at least by me), so if you don't have any spares, you'll be down for a few days waiting on them.

My basher runs ProTrac A-arms, MIP X-Duty axles, and HR 10mm offset 17mm adaptors.
    No problems with the drivetrain at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    My basher runs ProTrac A-arms, MIP X-Duty axles, and HR 10mm offset 17mm adaptors.
    Ditto. Same setup. Same results. Same double thumbs up.

RC Qualifier
    MIP’s are a great investment. They carried my “trash-es” slash to the 100mph mark, I love them. I’ve gone to skate parks, run in water that’s honestly way too deep, and yes, slipper clutch tightened to the moon. USE LOCTITE! THEY WILL FALL APART ON U IF U DONT! That’s the only real downside, but it takes 2 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Would this setup be good for a Monster Truck conversion? And as mentioned above, will I need longer links, or extended ends?

Quote Originally Posted by NitroBugg View Post
    Would this setup be good for a Monster Truck conversion? And as mentioned above, will I need longer links, or extended ends?
    Yes, you need longer axles for you MIP x duties.

Read all of the "description" from ProLine for comments on MIP X-Duty axles:

**While the stock axles will work with the ProTrac™ Suspension Kit, some customers may want a heavy duty CVD option for their truck (for Racing or Extreme Bashing purposes). The following MIP option has been confirmed to work with the kit:
    MIP #11104 X-Duty CVD Kit (2 Required for Front and Rear)
    MIP #10133 X-Duty Front Axle (2 Required for Front Left and Front Right)

Additional note: If you already own X-Duty CVDs for the Slashģ/Stampedeģ 4x4, you can use MIP #11105 Male bones to convert your drives to the new length. Axles can then be skipped in this case.
    https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...on-kit-4x4.asp

The kit also includes all the necessary camber and steering links.

If you don't want the wheels that come with the kit, you can always buy the parts individually without the wheels:
    Front and Rear ProTrac™ arms 6082-01 (4 pcs)
    50mm x 4mm Rear Camber Links 6062-06 (2 pcs)
    60mm x 4mm Front Camber Links 6082-02 (2 pcs)
    70mm x 4mm Steering Links 6062-07 (2 pcs)

Thank you for the links.

Last question..

How do these compare to the XO-1 axles? I see posts going either way.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you for the links.

Last question..

How do these compare to the XO-1 axles? I see posts going either way.
    Iíve heard a bunch about XO-1 parts. I guess they are beefier than the slash. But when Iíve asked about cvds most recommended the MIP X-duty. So thats what I would go with.

Iíve heard a bunch about XO-1 parts. I guess they are beefier than the slash. But when Iíve asked about cvds most recommended the MIP X-duty. So thats what I would go with.

May try a set of the MIP's on the rear of my Ultimate and see how they do.

And +1 on the GTR shocks. I love mine.