Quote Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
    https://www.novarc.net

Wanting A LARGER BIGGER SUMMIT...
    hopefully he is making one for us.
    Ive been waiting 4yrs for a SUMMIT 2.0
    Larger/Bigger....etc.... :-)
    Thanks for the info

RC poster
    Does anyone know what "special kits" they sell for the Summit, like those Kershaw Designs brushed motor upgrades?
    http://kershawdesigns.com/Products-Summit.htm

Thanks,
    Ben

RC Champion
    I put this http://kershawdesigns.com/E-Revo-Sin...Conversion.htm on multiple Summits. Works great for the money.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC poster
    Thanks a lot. Questions:

1) Where can I still buy this Dewalt Kit? (as Kershaw Designs does not respond/is out of business?)
    If you have a spare I'd be happy to buy this, but then I have a problem when I need to replace it some time.
    2) Did it lead to more top speed? Note: I don't want to make the Summit a 50mph monster, just a bit more than stock e.g. around 25-30mph than stock 20mph.

Thanks & regards,
    Ben
    Last edited by Busle Beni; 05-30-2018 at 05:07 PM.

RC Champion
    Well as the post title indicates I thought Kershaw was now Novarc. you might email them (open the link above) and see if their going to sell the Dewalt motors like Dan did.
    Gearing being the same it would go a little faster than stock. But it has way more low end torque for crawling. I geared all mine down and had great success. One of the best upgrades for the money. A brushless sensored system geared down is really the way to go but its 4 to 5 times the expense. Plus the dewalt motor with the conversion plate is really plug and play. Hopefully you can find one.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

The Dewalt 14.4V 820-sized motor will not get your Summit to 30mph many times without burning up. It is a torque monster, not a speed demon.
    The cheapest way to get to that speed is with a mild brushless system.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC poster
    Thanks also for your inputs.

I got a used sensored brushless Hobbywing Combo for a good price and might put this in. In the other thread "mid grade motor/ESC upgrade" they suggest more or less to not upgrade as it destroys the diffs and much more.

Regards,
    Benjamin

RC Racer
    The guy from NOVARC says he won't make a lot of parts for our SUMMIT because there is not enough traffic for upgraded/modded parts????
    He doesn't even have the dewalt motor?!?!?!?!
    No suspension upgrade parts either.????

I'm now missing the original KershawDesigns guy....
    God bless his soul....

It just tells us that Traxxas needs a bigger badder
    SUMMIT 2.0 .....its been close to 10yrs now and no update:-(

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Great NEWS: Kershaw Designs is now Novarc.net

Quote Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
    The guy from NOVARC says he won't make a lot of parts for our SUMMIT because there is not enough traffic for upgraded/modded parts????
    He doesn't even have the dewalt motor?!?!?!?!
    No suspension upgrade parts either.????

I'm now missing the original KershawDesigns guy....
    God bless his soul....

It just tells us that Traxxas needs a bigger badder
    SUMMIT 2.0 .....its been close to 10yrs now and no update:-(
    Question out of ignorance. Why not just buy a dewault motor from dewault(or eBay). I wouldn’t make or stock things that didn’t sell either. New summit would be sweet.
    Last edited by Gripdog7205; 06-06-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Question out of ignorance. Why not just buy a dewault motor from dewault(or eBay). I wouldn’t make or stock things that didn’t sell either. New summit would be sweet.
    Regarding your question, you probably wouldn’t understand the answer, lol. Some people like to have others do the work for them...if you can believe that. I just don’t see you as being that type of person or comprehending why that is necessary.
    The one part of the KD kit I might have found useful was the motor spacer/bolt pattern adapter. It is a small pain to alternatively make a spacer from $1.00 to $1.50 in washers, but really at the end of the day it is easy enough to do.
    KD also cut off the non-standard press-fit pinion gear but I don’t recall if they ground a flat spot onto the motor shaft.
    The “wiring harness” provided was typically very poorly constructed and of the cheapest RadioShack-esque wire and terminals. That’s the nicest I can say about it.
    All that said, IMO it is a much better idea to buy the motor and do the rest of the job yourself.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Regarding your question, you probably wouldn’t understand the answer, lol. Some people like to have others do the work for them...if you can believe that. I just don’t see you as being that type of person or comprehending why that is necessary.
    The one part of the KD kit I might have found useful was the motor spacer/bolt pattern adapter. It is a small pain to alternatively make a spacer from $1.00 to $1.50 in washers, but really at the end of the day it is easy enough to do.
    KD also cut off the non-standard press-fit pinion gear but I don’t recall if they ground a flat spot onto the motor shaft.
    The “wiring harness” provided was typically very poorly constructed and of the cheapest RadioShack-esque wire and terminals. That’s the nicest I can say about it.
    All that said, IMO it is a much better idea to buy the motor and do the rest of the job yourself.
    I appreciate the compliment. I don’t have a summit, so I was really just wondering. If you’re in this hobby, you should have access, to wire, solder, and the Internet. I get custom pieces, but it’s a motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I appreciate the compliment. I don’t have a summit, so I was really just wondering. If you’re in this hobby, you should have access, to wire, solder, and the Internet. I get custom pieces, but it’s a motor.
    Thanks you taking my somewhat tongue-in-cheek as it was intended.