Why the popping?

Can anyone tell me why these brass inlets keep coming out of my bar ends?
    The last 2 times I've gone out for a spin now one has popped out.
    Both times were from my front camber links, one left and one right.
    The left one popped out today but after the right one popped out a couple of days ago I took a spare plastic end with the inlet just in case.
    They were originally short ends that popped over the inlets but I've replaced them with long plastic ends..
    It just seems everytime I go out now something goes wrong and my time of fun gets cut short.
    It's making an enjoyable hobby that I've spent way to much money on very unenjoyable.
    I'm lucky if I burn through one battery now and I'm always waiting for something to happen which pretty much always does.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier

Why the popping?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm68 View Post
    The left one popped out today but after the right one popped out a couple of days ago I took a spare plastic end with the inlet just in case.
    They were originally short ends that popped over the inlets but I've replaced them with long plastic ends..
    It just seems everytime I go out now something goes wrong and my time of fun gets cut short.
    It's making an enjoyable hobby that I've spent way to much money on very unenjoyable.
    I'm lucky if I burn through one battery now and I'm always waiting for something to happen which pretty much always does.

I would try the rpm caps. Iíve had the same problem but I was able to just pop them in.

I would love if I could get more run time than shelf time. Isnít that what everybodyís wants? I wish
    Last edited by ati; 05-17-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Can you please provide a picture of where those are from? Those don't ring a bell. I recall the longer ones, not the short.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier

Why the popping?

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Can you please provide a picture of where those are from? Those don't ring a bell. I recall the longer ones, not the short.
    I agree they do look strangely short. Especially if you replaced them for longer ones...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pardon the mess, their attached to the front shock towers, lower inside holes behind the front.
    I'm using the Proline Protrac system so have the longer links being used.
    rollbars.

I'd get a new set, # TRA1942. It'll come with a whole bunch of new ones, it's quite possible yours are just worn out.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

I'll replace all the short ends with long and see if that works.
    The inlets don't go back in no matter how hard you push/hammer so their just junk now.

There's probably something going on with those super flexy arms and overly low ride height you're running. Move the arms through the full range of motion, from fully compressed to fully extended, and see if those camber links still have play in them and can move freely, or if they are being stressed to the point of almost popping off. Also fully twist the arms and try to bend them fore/aft to see if that also binds up the links and makes them want to pop off.

BTW, those metal pieces are called hollow balls and the plastic pieces are called rod ends.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Qualifier
    I'll replace all the short ends with long and see if that works.
    The inlets don't go back in no matter how hard you push/hammer so their just junk now.

It's easy to pop them back on. I use a 7mm socket wrench (wheel nut wrench). Place the ball on a hard surface, put the rod end on top and push down on the plastic with the 7mm socket placed on top of the ball (so that the ball goes inside the socket).

Edit: I agree with Razor, there has to be something preventing full motion. If you have a lot of droop maybe the rod ends will interfere with the collar on the MIP's - I've seen it happen when using the lower holes on the shock tower.
    Last edited by Viking; 05-18-2018 at 01:44 AM.

I'll adjust the springs and see what else I can do to raise the height.
    I read somewhere not to use the top holes on the shock posts because of the reason mentioned, interference .

RC Qualifier
    It won't help adjusting the springs. To limit the droop you'll have to move the lower shock mount out to the outermost hole on the A-arms, or install a spacer on the shock shaft inside the shock (not recommended since the front shocks are short enough as they are).

However, if the problem is binding between the MIP's and the inner camber link rod end, the easiest way is to move the camber link to the inner top hole on the shock tower (according to your picture above you have them mounted in the lower inner hole). Also, the wide flat collar on the hollow ball should face the screw head to avoid the rod end to slide completely off if it pops off the ball (can't tell for sure from the picture, but it looks like only the left side hollow ball faces the correct way).
    Hope this made any sense at all...

Thanks mate, just about to go to bed but I'll try your suggestions out in the morning.
    Thanks for the help.

So yes def make sure your setup is not causing this issue.

Also, these rod ends DO get worn out over time. Its just natural wear and tear. This same thing happened to my shock ends. I was able to tap the shock on the table and the ball fell out. It was VERY worn at that point lol.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

Was reading up on adjusting ride height, from what I can tell you move the top of the shock out on the shock towers and the bottom of the shock in on the A-arms to make it more upright?
    And to use bottom holes on the shock towers?
    It was actually in an old post from these forums that came up when I Google'd it.
    Also by moving the camber link up to the top hole I was told it reduces your steering turn that's why their on the bottom hole.
    Pretty sure my hobby store guy told me that one because I had them there originally.

Ok so straightened out the ride height feels a lot better.
    Just have to change the links to the top of the shock tower and done.

Last edited by Storm68; 05-18-2018 at 11:29 PM.