RC poster

Question Parts and upgrades

What parts break the most on your 2wd stampede. Im ordering a stampede and i have some extra cash, and i want to buy parts that break a lot so i am prepared. Also i plan on upgrading my stampede but i dont know where to start. I have been thinking about aluminum caster blocks, aluminum shock caps, and aluminum steering blocks.

Welcome to the Forum!!

You are right on track with those upgrades. I would do four things for sure:

1. Aluminum Caster blocks....the traxxas ones are beautiful, you just have to pick out which color.
    2. Al shock caps...again choice of color.
    3. A proline shock mounting hardware kit
    4. A strc (or similar) hinge pin set.

The shock kit and hinge pin set are to "capture" the screws/pins that will "back out" on you. These kits use a nylon inserted nut to lock it on.

Some bumpers are a good idea as well.

Congratulations on the P2de!
    MTFBWY

RC poster
    Replace the front and rear bushings with bearings.

Lil' late to the thread but for sure get the aluminum steering blocks. First thing that broke on mine on only the second run from an accidental head on into a planter. (Even with the rpm larger front bumper on there). The little plastic tab where the steering link connect just snapped right off.
    Also, bearings are a must in any rc car if you didn't get the vxl version (which comes with them stock)

RC poster
    Ball bearings for F&R wheels
    Aluminum camber & toe links
    Aluminum shock caps
    HPI front bumper
    Wheels & tires

RC poster
    JUST bought my first car, same one. Is there a starter tool kit anyone can recommend? How about someone on youtube who shows how to install these parts as I have no idea what I'm doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Rgeerin View Post
    JUST bought my first car, same one. Is there a starter tool kit anyone can recommend? How about someone on youtube who shows how to install these parts as I have no idea what I'm doing!
    Just search "stampede 2wd upgrade" on youtube and you'll find a ton for the most common parts. (shocks, aluminum sterring/camber knuckles, A-arms, etc etc)