RC poster

Just Fried My Servo

I have had my kit for a few months and the servo finally quit on me. Are there any durable, waterproof servos that don't require a BEC? If the only option is to go with a BEC what waterproof servos and BEC's do you recommend hopefully under 100$?

RC poster
    I used one called Annimos 20 KG. It is fast and works good. Not sure if waterproof but it works so far. I also used a yeah racing aluminium servo mount. Maybe 30 total. Search ebay.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You can avoid an external BEC, which I despise, by getting the HobbyWing WP 1080 ESC. It's $40.

I suggest a good, high quality servo for your TRX-4. They are big, heavy trucks and they will tax the low priced servos.

I put the 1080 ESC in mine, set the internal BEC to 6.0V and installed a Savox 1230SG servo and I'm very happy. It isn't waterproof and I've never had a non waterproof servo fail even after being submerged, but Savox makes lots of waterproof servos.

RC poster

Just Fried My Servo

I've got both Savox waterproof servos. Bought used and it had the 0231 when I got it. I stripped the plastic horn, bought aluminum and went ahead and bought a 1210 whole I was there. That thing is a beast! I may or may not have fried one with two 3s in series (allegedly) and Savoy received mine and is sending a new one right now. 2 day turnaround so I recommend their customer service as well!

OH, and no BEC. That's why the one fried though was with the 3s that fried my ESC hv...

RC Champion
    I have used the Savox 1230sg on all my rigs for years. BUT Holmes Hobbies has a great servo.
    https://holmeshobbies.com/shv500v2-servo.html that you wire directly to the TRX4 battery plug eliminating any BEC. runs with 2s or 3 s batteries. check out the link for more info. Next time I need one it will be this one.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"