RC poster

TRX4 Maintance and FUn

i just purchased my 1st scale crawler and so far the TRX4 Defender is really amazing. I have been crawling almost every where. I just had my 1st splash in the and mud. Fun times until the rust on the screws surfaced. I should have read a little further into the manual. Fun vehicle, does anyone have any suggestions about how to control the rust on the screws? I have other Traxxas vehicles and they didn't rust, but the TRX4 is, hmmmm $450 for a RC Crawler and it rusts but my Bandit I have had for a couple of years has zero rust. Oh well suggestions are welcome. Happy Crawling...
    Last edited by Todd De Rose; 05-24-2018 at 03:29 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd De Rose View Post
    i just purchased my 1st scale crawler and so far the TRX4 Defender is really amazing. I have been crawling almost every where. I just had my 1st splash in the and mud. Fun times until the rust on the screws surfaced. I should have read a little further into the manual. Fun vehicle, does anyone have any suggestions about how to control the rust on the screws? I have other Traxxas vehicles and they didn't rust, but the TRX4 is, hmmmm $450 for a RC Crawler and it rusts but my Bandit I have had for a couple of years has zero rust. Oh well suggestions are welcome. Happy Crawling...
    WD-40 bath then blow off excess with compressed air

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jbo667 View Post
    WD-40 bath then blow off excess with compressed air
    Thanks jbo667 gonna start today..

RC poster
    My pleasure. No worries either, with some mods, that thing is unkillable! My son thinks I'm gonna toast mine ALL the time!

RC Qualifier
    +2 for wd40

RC poster
    My pleasure. No worries either, with some mods, that thing is unkillable! My son thinks I'm gonna toast mine ALL the time!
    Nice pics man!! luv the lighting kit, is that the Traxxas kit? Also how do you post pics on this forum?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd De Rose View Post
    Nice pics man!! luv the lighting kit, is that the Traxxas kit? Also how do you post pics on this forum?
    Thank you sir!

Yes it is the Traxxas complete light kit. Worth every penny in my experience as I play mostly in the dusk/evening. It's nice to have the rock lights in addition to the lightbar so you have total 360 degree visibility!

I use the Tapatalk app on my phone and then it pulls them straight from my folders with no hosting needed.

RC poster
    Thank you sir!

Yes it is the Traxxas complete light kit. Worth every penny in my experience as I play mostly in the dusk/evening. It's nice to have the rock lights in addition to the lightbar so you have total 360 degree visibility!

I use the Tapatalk app on my phone and then it pulls them straight from my folders with no hosting needed.
    Awesome Thank you for the info again..

WD40 is a water displacer hence the "WD" in the name. It is not a great lubricant. Use silicone spray lubricant on metal moving parts.

RC Competitor
    I have a Trx4 land rover defender (My family have a Land Rover Defender 2000 restored so cool to have the same body as the real thing)

it's great but if your getting it dirty and putting it into a bit of water make sure to check your bearings in the portals. On mine they have let a bit of water in making my bearing a bit a squeaky (just a reminder)