RC Qualifier

Receiver blinking fast red but throttle and steering is ok

I called traxxas and the guy told me this is impossible to have a fast blinking red light on the receiver and having the throttle/steering works.

I have a Max6 as ESC.

I unplugged everything on the receiver, leaving only esc and servo, bind again but led still red.

Any suggestion?

RC Qualifier
    You probably have tried but just have your receiver plugged in with no servo and do a factory default and then try and rebind.

RC Qualifier
    Receiver inside clean and dry
    If Faulty acting
    Try different receiver-esc , etc
    fabricator

RC Qualifier
    I will try with the TRA6518 (TRA6533 without TSM) tomorrow as I have to buy a second hand one. We'll see.

RC Qualifier
    Ok TRA6518 installed and binded correctly.

But unable to calibrate ESC... any clue ?

RC Qualifier
    Wow
    Centered throttle?

Try a different esc
    Have maxx on a stand/ pinion off white diagnosing
    Contact hobbywing direct
    fabricator

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like a, hold on, let me call gio, oh yeah, sounds like a “Critical Era”

Quote Originally Posted by zeflex View Post
    I will try with the TRA6518 (TRA6533 without TSM) tomorrow as I have to buy a second hand one. We'll see.
    Its the other way arround, #6533 has TSM and #6518 doesn't have TSM
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I know that but except the TSM both should work with the transmitter. So I presume the ESC is faulty but I am waiting a new tx/rx to make final test then call hobbywing. I hope it's under warranty (I never know if it's 6 month or 1 year...)

RC Qualifier
    Well... I am an idiot. After a week I finally found I didn't plug the esc to the right channel that's why I was not able to calibrate it.

BUT ... by the way, the receiver is still blinking fast red even if everything works fine. Weird

If a Traxxas tech is interested, I can ship to them the receiver to investigate on what the issue is...

RC Racer
    Have you tried moving the throttle trim back and forth to see if it might resolve your issue? It may be as simple as turning the throttle trim a bit. Not sure if anyone suggested this. If not, itís worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Have you tried moving the throttle trim back and forth to see if it might resolve your issue? It may be as simple as turning the throttle trim a bit. Not sure if anyone suggested this. If not, it’s worth a shot.
    its on the receiver, the throttle trim is not on the receiver.
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion

RC Qualifier
    Well let's not update this topic anymore as the tx/rx works excepts this red blinking making no sense.

Is your telemetry installed correctly? Assuming you are using it?
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    I'm having this same exact problem as we speak. Did you ever come up with a solution??

TIA
    Wile

RC poster
    I'm having the same problem today.
    Is there a solution for it?

RC Qualifier
    There is two times the CH1 on this receiver. I was connecting the wires to the wrong places (both ch1 was plugged and it should not).

CH1 : servo only
    CH2 : esc
    CHxx: others

Otherwise, if everything works (steering/throttle) and tx/rx is communicating fine and led is still red blinking, I didn't fix it. It work as a charm.

I noticed when I opened the receiver, by putting my finger on some pins, the led was going from blinking red to green. So maybe something does an interference in the circuit but I don't know what...
    Last edited by zeflex; 09-09-2018 at 06:48 PM.

RC Competitor
    Everything is plugged in correctly. I do get throttle and steering. According to traxxas instructions, a fast blinking red led on the receiver means it is in failsafe mode. It is because I don't get full throttle. The weird thing is that I see full voltage on the telemetry, and there is no error light blinking on the esc for low voltage...

Looks like I'm gonna be calling traxxas...

Wile

RC Qualifier
    I had a similar thing happen this weekend, but I think it was caused because I was using two Traxxas TQi receivers at the same time. I ended up having to power everything off, update the firmware using the bluetooth module, and then bind each truck one at a time. It happened again later on and I ran out of sunlight. I will track my steps the next time. What was odd was the truck would steer in reverse but not in forward. I have never had that happen before.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC poster

Cool I have same issue, and I fixed it.

https://youtu.be/ll1tbIEY-wg

Quote Originally Posted by zeflex View Post
    I called traxxas and the guy told me this is impossible to have a fast blinking red light on the receiver and having the throttle/steering works.

I have a Max6 as ESC.

I unplugged everything on the receiver, leaving only esc and servo, bind again but led still red.

Any suggestion?

RC Competitor
    My X-maxx went on fire a couple of months ago and it had a new receiver fitted but now is blinking the red light fast but controls work. Updated all firmware (including telemetry) and still blinks fast. I'll pull the cover off and inspect the connector locations. Also my speed and tacho readings are way out of whack. It's reading top speeds of 500km/h
    Getting back into the RC game after 10 years!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by morch_66479 View Post
    My X-maxx went on fire a couple of months ago and it had a new receiver fitted but now is blinking the red light fast but controls work. Updated all firmware (including telemetry) and still blinks fast. I'll pull the cover off and inspect the connector locations. Also my speed and tacho readings are way out of whack. It's reading top speeds of 500km/h
    At least you beat all previous speed records

RC Competitor
    SOLVED:
    So I fixed my issue where the receiver was blinking fast red:

Turns out my RPM connector was plugged into the wrong port and was getting crazy readings on my speedo. The rpm lead loops into another connector so I swapped them around and all is good now.
    Basically the RPM & V/T connectors in the upper right hand side of the receiver were plugged in incorrectly so swapped them.
    Getting back into the RC game after 10 years!