RC poster

How fast is your xo-1 on 3s?

Hi, all. First time posting!
    I been playing with my xo-1 lately doing body mods, splitter mods, etc trying to get it to cut through the air faster. Only tested with sweep belted tires (3.8 I think) and so far on 3s I got 55 mph with GPS. I'm assuming at least 60 with xo-1 tires? I'm running a 36 tooth pinion, not 34 tooth and the 46 spur. Stock motor and esc. I'd like to get the most I can out of it with 3s so I can just run 1 battery for having fun and not feel it's too slow. 65 to 70 possible?? Any suggestions with body? Haven't cut the back out like I see some people do. I have ran it at 103 mph btw on 6s. Was really sweet!

you seem to have a good car . having fun ! don't change a thing . steve
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC poster
    Part of the fun is trying to get it to go faster, for me. Actually want to see if I can get it to 110 mph on stock motor and esc on 6s. I got 60 mph on 3s with xo-1 slicks but had to run two 3s batteries in parallel. Good thing is I get twice the run time. 60 mph isn't too bad with 3s, I guess. The challenge for me will be 110 mph. Need some tips though.

I know there are bigger tires to help speed . gear ratio's . there are people here that have run over 100 mph + . sorry that's all I know ............ steve

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph24 View Post
    Part of the fun is trying to get it to go faster, for me. Actually want to see if I can get it to 110 mph on stock motor and esc on 6s. I got 60 mph on 3s with xo-1 slicks but had to run two 3s batteries in parallel. Good thing is I get twice the run time. 60 mph isn't too bad with 3s, I guess. The challenge for me will be 110 mph. Need some tips though.
    The problem you are going to run into is heat. This car is too heavy to keep running on 3S. I would stick to 6S and going over 100 mph. There are tips in this forum. I have a thread about my setup and there are others in this thread with a ton more. Quick tips: Modify your body, adjust the angle of the body from front to back, springs, and gearing. 110 on the stock motor is possible. I have done multiple 100+ passes mph with my car, but I am not on a stock motor/esc setup. I hit 102 mph with the stock setup on the stock 100 mph gearing and no aero. This year I am hoping to finally hit 110+ on video.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC poster
    I tested my mods this weekend and only hit 102 mph on stock motor / esc. Last run with my best battery (was hoping to get more then 102) it slid sideways and blew over at 81 mph. Wasn't using front air canards, just my modified front splitter and it was staying down. Figured less drag. Once the back slides out, that's it.
    NO overheating on 3s. In fact, it runs cooler for me. Does about 60 on a full charge. Next time I might try dual 6s packs in parallel for a max speed run. I doubt the extra weight will affect it much.

good run . how much damage on the blow over ?

RC poster
    hit 47 mph today on 3S
    all stock gearing/motor.

RC Qualifier
    I'd recommend trying a higher KV motor if you think you will spend lots of time on 3s.
    If it is a good size can the heat related to a higher KV is ballanced out. Something like a 40x70 to 40x82 or 40x92
    Leopard has some motors under 100 bucks at 2200kv.

My Slash 4x4 hit 83mph on 3s. While this is not apples to apples with the XO-1 most parts are very similar and my rig with dual batteries weighed more than most of your XO-1's with single packs.

81mph in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmHZ7zyShkY

Anyone running big speeds on lower KV always runs higher KV motors. TP Power has many options in their 4050 and 4070 series motors. (FYI the 40 part of the name is 40mm width but the length is way beyond the last two digits.)

my xo-1 has run 104 & 108 mph on 3s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kzsteve View Post
    my xo-1 has run 104 & 108 mph on 3s
    On a single 3S battery?

Run 6s and change your gearing back to the out of the box gearing for 50ish MPH. If you're not wanting to go back and forth with your gearing, then you should buy another XO and setup one for 100MPH and one for 50ish MPH.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

no on 2 batteries

RC Qualifier
    Then you are running 6S. The two batteries are connected in series in the XO-1 so it makes 6S.

If you are running 100+ on just a single 3S battery then you are doing something that has not been done in the XO-1 speed run world!

LOL I do a lot of things never done before , but usually its bad . ok I misunderstood the statement . yes im running 2 batteries . ... thanks