RC Competitor

Question Castle problem on my Rustler

I have a Brushless Rustler and I am not sure how to make my car's throttle work. The steering works, but I cannot figure it out. Earlier, I did the trick where you pull the trigger and turn on the ESC. It never worked and now all 3 LEDs are lighting up and beeping the way the video shows. Can someone help me out? Thanks!
    Last edited by mkimmer99; 05-27-2018 at 07:30 PM.

RC Competitor
    I have the Mamba Monster ESC and the 4 Pole 1406 5700KV motor in it

Last edited by lektro; 05-27-2018 at 11:01 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    YES! The second video got it to work. I don't know why it wasn't working when I tried it the first 12 times, LOL. I didn't unplug the wire to the Rx. That's weird. Thanks for your help!

RC Competitor
    Also, when I turn the Tx off first, which I know that I'm really not supposed to do, and the truck continues going forward. Is there a fix through the Castle Link that I can adjust?

Glad it somewhat fixed your problem. What type transmitter you have? Have never run into your new one. Sure there is but not sure what or where it is. Maybe turn your throttle control all the way down to see if that at least stops it. That is odd that it only does it when you cut the transmitter off first. If there is no fix. I guess you will have to cut the ESC off first like the book says. They tell you that for a reason. One is so your rusty does not go hog wild on ya. Maybe someone else with more knowledge of your problem will chime in.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mkimmer99 View Post
    Also, when I turn the Tx off first, which I know that I'm really not supposed to do, and the truck continues going forward. Is there a fix through the Castle Link that I can adjust?
    Sounds like the failsafe function. What radio and receiver are you using?

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys. I'm using the Traxxas TQI Tx and Rx. It's weird that it only does it after it connects and when I run it. As soon as I cut it on it doesn't move. Only when I cut the Tx off..... I was thinking it was a failsafe issue, but IDK

Quote Originally Posted by mkimmer99 View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm using the Traxxas TQI Tx and Rx. It's weird that it only does it after it connects and when I run it. As soon as I cut it on it doesn't move. Only when I cut the Tx off..... I was thinking it was a failsafe issue, but IDK
    Have you thought about an upgrade on your transmitter..Always good to have with castle creations. I love mine......so easy to use.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    I have thought about it. It's just what it came with. I'm more familiar with Traxxas products.

Once I reset the Tx, the truck stayed still once I cut the Tx off.... So the mystery remains, LOL. It works just fine and is really fast!