RC poster

New to RC trucks and have a problem

Hi everyone, Im new to high performance RC vehicles and just bought the UDR.

On the second day of driving it I made a rookie mistake of running it head on into a railroad tie on my crushed asphalt driveway at about half throttle, maybe a little more. After that it wouldnt accelerate with the throttle pulled but the wheels seem to be locked up and try to rotate but cant. The guy at my local shop took a look at it and thinks it might be something with the motor called "cogging".

Anyone ever encountered this issue or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any advice.

RC Enthusiast
    Pull the motor out and see if you can spin it with your fingers, while the motors out, push the car/truck and see if everything in the drivetrain is moving freely, this should help determine if the bind is in the motor or the drivetrain. If your new, or coming out of RC retirement, get yourself some good allen head tools, because you're going to need them. I was out of the game for 10+ years, and 20 minutes back in I was tearing apart a truck hahaha. Its all part of the fun, and you'll know your vehicle inside and out, and be able to take it apart blindfolded in a few months. Welcome to the madness.

RC Qualifier
    Rotates freely
    Check connection from esc to motor
    fabricator

RC Racer
    Are the wheels able to move freely by hand? If so something may be wrong with the motor and you might want to take a closer look. If not, there could be some damage in the drivetrain somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nvsaputo1 View Post
    Pull the motor out and see if you can spin it with your fingers, while the motors out, push the car/truck and see if everything in the drivetrain is moving freely, this should help determine if the bind is in the motor or the drivetrain. If your new, or coming out of RC retirement, get yourself some good allen head tools, because you're going to need them. I was out of the game for 10+ years, and 20 minutes back in I was tearing apart a truck hahaha. Its all part of the fun, and you'll know your vehicle inside and out, and be able to take it apart blindfolded in a few months. Welcome to the madness.
    Haha! Yup... Fixing the rc's is half the fun lol.
    Slash 4x4 w/TSM
    Revo 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    New to high perf RC vehicules as well....bought the UDR knowing I'd spent ost of my time wrenching and greasing etc....

I crashed it on a wall at high speed and snapped the whole left front end....

take your time to diagnose issues zone by zone ensuring everything moves freely and the way it should. Take your time as well because at first I tought I had identified all broken parts during disassembly, but when cleaning shocks, even te metal shaft was bent, so it was not moving all the way down and kept ceasing...

Well, welcome to the world of RC when for sure you WILL break stuff with that big heavy and fast beast !

And, maybe as I'm learning, you'll learn to drive differrently knowing the limits, and knowing the time it takes to fix it !!!