Thread: Nice Job!

Nice Job!

It looks like you can now get the DCB M41 in a really nice racing RED rather than that crazy pink crap. (IMO) Traxxas did a terrific job, and their new graphics look great!
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Traxxas Marshal
    Some of us like that "crazy pink crap." But it is nice that those who don't have another option.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Yuck, but I do respect that beauty is in the eye of each beholder. You did bring up a good idea for Traxxas with your above reply, and that is Traxxas should offer their RC vehicles in both their crazy graphics/colors and in normal solid colors without any graphics.

They could do it similar to what is currently available with the XO-1. You can still get the original XO's solid no graphic bodies and you can also get the newer XO-1 bodies with their new crazy graphics. Most of the colors and graphics for most of the Traxxas RC vehicles aren't (IMO) to bad, but some (like the new XO-1, new Spartan, new Blast, and original DCB M41) are (IMO) pretty gaudy.

But, again, I do respect the fact that neither one of our tastes are either right or wrong...just different. And...my taste is better...just kidding.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 05-30-2018 at 04:53 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Keep something in mind, those with colorblindness may find the red more difficult to see. I prefer the crazy colors because it's easier to see. Having said that, the graphics look MUCH more professional. The boat looks more like a boat and not a toy.

Traxxas Marshal
    Another thing to consider is that in the world of real go fast boats, you usually find the craziest paint jobs on some of the most expensive boats.

Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    You usually find the craziest paint jobs on some of the most expensive boats.
    That's because, they spent all their money on real go fast motor parts, and don't have any left over for a good paint job. (lol)

Traxxas Marshal
    Nah, fancy/crazy paint costs $$$$$$$$. And unless it's vinyl you need a highly experienced painter to be able to do it.

Nah, fancy/crazy paint costs $$$$$$$$. And unless it's vinyl you need a highly experienced painter to be able to do it.
    That's what I'm teasing you about. They spent all their $$$$$$$$ on real go fast motor parts, and don't have any $$$$$$$$ left over for a good paint job (or vinyl). (lol).

Now that Traxxas offers the DCB-M41 with a nice color scheme...if we can get them to put little guys in the open cockpit's seats (or offer a closed cockpit) the DCB-M41 will be perfect.

Traxxas Marshal
    I have always thought the open cockpit sans drivers was odd. The Blast had drivers back in the days before the closed cockpit, yet the Villain never had drivers.

It was an issue with the drivers union.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

Traxxas Marshal
    I figured they were all too scared of the faster boats.

RC poster

Custom Red and White Traxxas M-41

Some of us like that "crazy pink crap." But it is nice that those who don't have another option.
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/rhgbmmbq/

This is the Red version getting Twin Stern drives from TFL-P1 units. I will post more pics soon.
    This has been almost as intense as making my Dual Outboard Version. All of my boats have scale drives.
    MHZ, TFL, and Arrow Shark.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by z1000 View Post
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/rhgbmmbq/

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2g5esheva/

more pics from projectthis is the red version getting twin stern drives from tfl-p1 units. I will post more pics soon.
    This has been almost as intense as making my dual outboard version. All of my boats have scale drives.
    Mhz, tfl, and arrow shark.
    more updates

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    That's what I'm teasing you about. They spent all their $$$$$$$$ on real go fast motor parts, and don't have any $$$$$$$$ left over for a good paint job (or vinyl). (lol).

Now that Traxxas offers the DCB-M41 with a nice color scheme...if we can get them to put little guys in the open cockpit's seats (or offer a closed cockpit) the DCB-M41 will be perfect.
    Reglarguy
    Did you get an M41 Lately? I just got mine a Snap On Edition which is pretty similar
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.