Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: 1/8th Power

  1. #1
    RC Qualifier Madtrotter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    250

    1/8th Power

    http://http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/...s-mxl-6s-escs/

    So i picked up a Mamba Monster 2 with a 2650KV and was wonder will the RPM cage fit or do i need to use velco to secure the ESC down. I have watch a few install videos and it looks like a tight fit. i have not seen a video that has used the RPM cage yet. Thanks guys
    Slash 4x4 /Stampede 4x4/Skully/Rustler VXL

  2. #2
    RC Champion lektro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Virginia Beach/ South USA !
    Posts
    1,922
    I moved ESC up behind the front shock tower. Put the receiver where the ESC was. I have the 2200 though. Worked out quite well, I must say!



    Choose Life !!!

  3. #3
    RC Champion nickruger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,328
    That's the same setup I used. It does lay everything out nicely. I made a little plate for underneath utilizing existing holes in the chassis and mounted the rpm mount to that. I don't run that setup anymore so I don't have any pics. There are a lot of build threads out there for this setup.

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Planet Earth...I think?
    Posts
    541
    Hey Lektro, are you a “fan” of those W T F fans?(in your images above) ...pun intended...
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

  5. #5
    RC Champion nickruger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by EvHexRC View Post
    Hey Lektro, are you a “fan” of those W T F fans?(in your images above) ...pun intended...
    I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I've heard the Wild Turbo Fans are the shiznittybamboozle when it comes to fans.

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier Madtrotter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    250
    Thanks for the idea. I have a plastic plate from a VG brace that might just work for this
    Slash 4x4 /Stampede 4x4/Skully/Rustler VXL

  7. #7
    RC Champion lektro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Virginia Beach/ South USA !
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by EvHexRC View Post
    Hey Lektro, are you a “fan” of those W T F fans?(in your images above) ...pun intended...
    UM yeppers, I sure am a fan! A wild one too!
    Choose Life !!!

  8. #8
    RC Champion lektro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Virginia Beach/ South USA !
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    That's the same setup I used. It does lay everything out nicely. I made a little plate for underneath utilizing existing holes in the chassis and mounted the rpm mount to that. I don't run that setup anymore so I don't have any pics. There are a lot of build threads out there for this setup.
    So how did you like that setup? You have same motor and all?
    Choose Life !!!

  9. #9
    RC Champion nickruger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    So how did you like that setup? You have same motor and all?
    I liked it. I only ran the 2200kv in there for a short time after the whole what's better 2200kv or 2650kv debate started raging. I personally liked the 2650kv for me. The setup is good though, everything has it's place and runs nice and cool.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Planet Earth...I think?
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    UM yeppers, I sure am a fan! A wild one too!
    How do they compare to Yeah Racing? How do they compare to other companies?
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by EvHexRC View Post
    How do they compare to Yeah Racing? How do they compare to other companies?
    YR are good for me. Plenty of air movement and they are holding up well for me. At a fraction of the cost

  12. #12
    RC Champion lektro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Virginia Beach/ South USA !
    Posts
    1,922
    The wild turbo fans I really cant compare to the any other "one" i have tried which was Integy. The only good use I got out of that was wiring it up to drain some volts out of a battery when my charger is doing double duty. Still not very good for that.

    To be honest! I probably won't even use them. As Grip said once. I probably won't even need them. A lot of things I did to my p4de were just thoughts. The more I thought, I always seemed to make it real.
    Choose Life !!!

  13. #13
    RC Champion lektro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Virginia Beach/ South USA !
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I liked it. I only ran the 2200kv in there for a short time after the whole what's better 2200kv or 2650kv debate started raging. I personally liked the 2650kv for me. The setup is good though, everything has it's place and runs nice and cool.
    Yeah the more i think about it the more I probably should have gone 2650 which is what I have in my rusty. It's a perfect motor.
    Choose Life !!!

  14. #14
    RC Champion nickruger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    The wild turbo fans I really cant compare to the any other "one" i have tried which was Integy. The only good use I got out of that was wiring it up to drain some volts out of a battery when my charger is doing double duty. Still not very good for that.

    To be honest! I probably won't even use them. As Grip said once. I probably won't even need them. A lot of things I did to my p4de were just thoughts. The more I thought, I always seemed to make it real.
    Running that combo in a stampede 4x4 I don't see a situation where you would need a fan. I have it in a pro mt 4x4 which is pushing 9lbs with a center diff, heavy diff oil, 18/44 gearing and I can run it full throttle for about 20 minutes on 4s and I've only seen the motor get over 155f once. I just realized you have the 2200kv. I was referring to the 2650kv, you will be even lower than that.
    Last edited by nickruger; 05-31-2018 at 06:57 PM.

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier Madtrotter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    250
    this is one of my next projects what did you have to do make a 1/8 scale combo fit in a rusty
    Slash 4x4 /Stampede 4x4/Skully/Rustler VXL

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Planet Earth...I think?
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    The wild turbo fans I really cant compare to the any other "one" i have tried which was Integy. The only good use I got out of that was wiring it up to drain some volts out of a battery when my charger is doing double duty. Still not very good for that.

    To be honest! I probably won't even use them. As Grip said once. I probably won't even need them. A lot of things I did to my p4de were just thoughts. The more I thought, I always seemed to make it real.
    Thanks Lektro! I was thinking of using the W T F fans for SCT racing on a 3s lipo at my local RC track. It’s an outdoor off-road &th scale track.(by local, I mean an hour away from my house. It’s the closest one to me that’s still in business. It had actually gone out of business for a while.) I have to use a 3s lipo because it’s an 8th scale track with a 52ft. or more double!
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

  17. #17
    RC Champion lektro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Virginia Beach/ South USA !
    Posts
    1,922
    The W t f fan is a powerhouse. I like the way they are built. Plus, they do put out some air. Sure the Y racing do too, but I can't give you a good comparison. Their mounts aren't cheap either. I found some generic mounts that worked out well. I plan on sandwiching them between two aluminum plates in the very near future. I will be designing the top and bottom holes with my sign software. I have a metal company down the street from where i work. I can send the design to them in a PDF file and he will water jet the design and polish. I am thinking that will look pretty cool. Just another thing I am doing because i can..... I just love doing this stuff.....

    That's sweet that you have a track to race on. I have heard of one around here called Debbies RC. She has indoor and outdoor tracks. I will get out there one day.........
    Last edited by lektro; 06-01-2018 at 03:57 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

  18. #18
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Planet Earth...I think?
    Posts
    541
    I’d love to see those W T F fan mounts! Be sure to post pics of em! (Because you can)
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •