Reviving my Emaxx brushless finally

Wondering who's running the Hobbywing Max 8 Esc in their Emaxx ?
    I had the sc8 is but gave out 2 yrs ago and just getting back into the hobby again. I had to replace servos and all and get a bec on sc8 but not feeling too safe as its acting out now.
    Dont want to go with the traxxas setup they have as ive read some on and off things about it. Hobbywing is giving me a nice discount on any esc or system I want.
    Living life.

RC Qualifier
    First off- what is the discount?
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

Quote Originally Posted by EvHexRC View Post
    First off- what is the discount?
    Lower than their direct website and any cheaper that I could find.
    I'm thinking i may need to change bullet connectors on motor though depends if the Max 8 uses larger than 4mm I think. Still need to relearn some stuff again sadly 😣
    Living life.

RC Qualifier
    What is the difference in price from the discount between the MAX8, MAX6, and MAX5?

What is the difference in price from the discount between the MAX8, MAX6, and MAX5?
    Unsure didnt ask about the Max 6 or 5 as I thought I wouldnt need those for the Emaxx. I may just get the combo with new motor instead and have the extra motor as backup.
    Living life.

RC Qualifier
    If the MAX8, MAX6, and MAX5 are the same price from the discount, I’d buy a MAX5 for sure. Hobbywing has great customer support, so they very well may let you get a MAX5 esc and whatever motor you wanted to get with the MAX8. So far, Hobbywing customer support hasn’t let me down! What are you thinking now?

Their not the same price with discount I'm sure betweth the 3. Combo price will change since I got price of only the esc. I'll see what I come out with then. Maybe just get the Max 6 just seems like a waste of extra money as I don't need that much for the Emaxx unless I ran 6-8s which I don't. Just playing around on some dirt and grass mostly in the park having fun.
    Living life.

RC Qualifier
    What is the max amount of voltage you plan/want to put through the emaxx? (2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 8s, etc.) ...and what motor is currently in your emaxx?

What is the max amount of voltage you plan/want to put through the emaxx? (2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 8s, etc.) ...and what motor is currently in your emaxx?
    Im using 4s only right now with the 4274 XeRun 2000kv hobbywing motor. I may get some 3s lipos later since motor is rated to 6s max. I've stuck with 4s since I was limited before and was sticking with nitro before
    Living life.

RC Qualifier
    Why don’t you get yourself a Xerun XR8 plus? Do that. And still get the Hobbywing MODULE-E cappack. And if you don’t have it already, get the Hobbywing WiFi Express module to program your esc as well.

As soon as you can, please help me here:http://https://forums.traxxas.com/sh...xx-to-electric
    Last edited by EvHexRC; 05-31-2018 at 02:49 PM.

RC poster
    I run an E Maxx with a MAX8 and building another with a MAX5, in fact all my truck run MAX ESC's I cant fault them!

Quote Originally Posted by twellsie View Post
    I run an E Maxx with a MAX8 and building another with a MAX5, in fact all my truck run MAX ESC's I cant fault them!
    Nice, what gearing are you using ? Motor ?
    I think I was running 21/62 somewhere around that.
    Living life.

RC poster
    I run 23/62

Well been awhile since I last posted. Been busy but picked up a brand mamba monster 2 system with 2200kv motor for my emacs today. Got it cheap $100. Just need to get castle link field card and programmer for laptop. Will be using only 4s for now.
    I dont like soldering deans connectors pain in the butt for me but this came with those on nicely done so had to change out my traxxas ones on lipos. Did a crap job but got it done.
    My parallel board is deans been using connectors I made for it so thats done over now.
    Glad I finally got my emaxx up again, now just to find time to run it with so much to do this time of year.
    Living life.