RC Racer

Motor issue with brand new udr

Got a new udr out of the box with traxxas lipos and i get steering but the throttle cogs and the truck wont move. So i test the motor out of the drivetrain and the same slow skipping cogging. The esc is green and goes off during throttle.

Not happy to say the least, hopefully traxxas can help me out on monday.

RC Qualifier
    Return / exchange
    Call Traxxas support Monday to resolve issue

Traxxas gremlins
    fabricator

RC Racer
    Blue esc wire was disconnected, duh. To my defense the wires are kind of hidden and not nearly as tight fitting as say another said brand of esc but who cares! This thing is awesome, whoa totally different drive. Like a marshmallow over bumps goodlord. A non rc'er kept pointing out how cushy the suspension looks.

Anyway too much fun, two thumbs up to traxxas. On another note anyway else notice the rear diff get a little hot during a run?

RC Enthusiast
    Great stuff ! I enjoy the UDR as well. Finally had some runs without breaking anything !

For the rear "diff", I opened it up and completely rebuild the gear reduction assembly with automotive grease (cheap Lucas Red'n Tacky), and then on the big gear and shaft gear. I put grease like....a lot. It keeps the pumpkin cooler, and it fills the tiny cracks to reduce dirt getting inside.

RC Racer
    Nice, yea i see people launching the udr and they can do whatever they like with theyre truck but the udr isnt a hardcore basher and thats fine with me, i have plenty of bashers. This thing is just so fun to drive in a more scale way and still no slouch and plenty fast. I just kept it a tad low until the upgrades come with beefier links etc.