RC poster

Question Nosediving UDR. Please advise what to do to fix this.

Hello all,

As the title says I see my UDR to nosedive a lot during some medium jumps on my local RC track.
    I recently opened it up and changed the front shock's oil from 30WT to 40WT. I renewed the rear shocks with the stock 60WT oil as the half shocks were not working at all.
    I have raised the front at about 1/4 on the threaded shocks. I see a little difference but it still nosedives a lot.
    Has anyone seen the same behavior?

PS: I haven't removed the spare tyres and also I have left the threaded rear shocks as stock.

Br,
    Manos

RC Qualifier
    Helps to gear up from stock 27t pinion
    I found 32t was the tallest available ,and the 47t spur gear
    To have RC nose up,hit the jump
    with some speed left to gain on throttle,donít let off
    fabricator

RC Enthusiast
    Totally stock here, and it's not so bad when jumping at medium speed and keep the throttle on and even open it more when in the air.

It's not "made" for jumping big stuff...though I feel like the front plate is on the weak side (the angle near the lower arms). It's rubbing a lot when jumping...I put some thick pieces of gorilla tape to absorb the impact better.

My truck is all taped up...

Stiffen the front springs somehow with a heavier rate. Preload probably won't do the trick. It will fly like a champion, then will be less than desireable on the whoops. Pick your battles carefully.

RC Racer
    I tent to let off the throttle right before it takes off the end of the jump or ramp. mine seems to do ok. tap the reverse and you can level it out in the air if in fact you are jumping that high.But like one of our fellow UDR owners its not made to do big jumps like you would in a Slash.
    Traxxas UDR Fox Edition, TRX4, Slash 4x4.

RC Enthusiast
    The last thing to leave the jump is it’s rear bumper. It’s a bum dragger . That tilts the nose down quite severely on short jumps. longer smooth jumps without to much kick suit it much better. Always go off the ramp with some throttle and save a bit in case you need to get the nose up more ! Can tune it out, depends what you want from your truck. I removed the last section of the rear chassis that holds the jack to reduce the rear overhang and put losi super Baja Rey bottom out bumpers on the shocks to prevent chassis bottom out on the jump face

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclesoul View Post
    The last thing to leave the jump is it’s rear bumper. It’s a bum dragger . That tilts the nose down quite severely on short jumps. longer smooth jumps without to much kick suit it much better. Always go off the ramp with some throttle and save a bit in case you need to get the nose up more ! Can tune it out, depends what you want from your truck. I removed the last section of the rear chassis that holds the jack to reduce the rear overhang and put losi super Baja Rey bottom out bumpers on the shocks to prevent chassis bottom out on the jump face
    Yep. Often it is the rear smacking the jump face that causes nose overs.Hadthe same prob with my xmax. Upped both rear shock oil and spring rate to fix the issue.

Before:
    https://youtu.be/jaUfcXPk1i8
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm

RC Enthusiast
    Try softer springs in the rear or lighter shock oil so that the rear doesn't push upward as much when you hit the bump

That will make it worse. Its nose diving because the rear of the truck is slamming off of the jump and bouncing up into the air.