Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trx4 Sport!

RC Enthusiast

Trx4 Sport!

I'm an axial guy, but since traxxas got rid of all the bells and whistles that I don't want on a crawler, I got a sport and like it pretty good. Much better clearance than my axial, but won't climb quit as good because it has much less forward weight.
    But with all the brass stuff that is out there to compensate for the previous top heavy models, I really think the sport can be made into a beast.
    Here is a run video of my TRX-4 sport.
    https://youtu.be/f0VNxIbQRS8

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-20-2018 at 06:14 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Just ordered a blue one from Amain hobby. Should be here next week. I will post again on how the kids and I like it.
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit

The Sport looks like a good model to put a sensored brushless system into, so that you can have a broad range of speed, without losing low-speed crawling capability. I've read and listened to many, especially Harley Designs, who prefer a single speed system, and use sensored brushless to obtain the wheel speed, that's often needed, for getting over obstacles or climbing steep inclines.

I didn't think I'd like the full-optioned TRX-4, but a couple of months ago I bought a TRX-4 Defender and all the added features grew on me. Even in the little grubby patch of yard around my apartment I'm able to utilize all of it, whereas, when I go back to a standard scale/crawler it gets kind of boring. It might be that I'm just gradually losing interest in crawling, and the TRX-4 Land Rover brought some new enjoyment to spice it up, who knows.

I have a Bronco pre-roller chassis that I bought off eBay a couple of months before I bought my Land Rover, and I may just lock the diffs on that, but keep the 2-speed, because I especially like that feature. I have enough single speed/locked diff scalers to satisfy any needs for simplicity. If anything, I need to sell a few because I don't run them so much, anymore.

RC Qualifier
    We got our blue sport on Tuesday and its a beast. Very nice rtr truck imo. My son has been the main driver and he is very happy. We have a Arizona rocky backyard so it fits right in. He said I should sell my summit and get the red one lol.
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit

RC Competitor
    I read that the Sport gearing is somewhere in between high and low on the TRX-4. What pinion do I need to get the same ratio on the Sport as on the TRX-4? Or is a different gearing recommended? Will be running 2s7600mah most of the time but also have some 3s5000mah/5500mah I normally use in the E Revo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12