Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

e-maxx discontinued?

Sold e-maxx year or so ago when i got the xmaxx, but now i want to get an emaxx again and it seems to be sold out everywhere. Are they going to do a revamped one like they have been doing with other models or are they going to ship more at some time?

Nobody will be able to tell you unless Traxxas makes an announcement.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Build one. The stock Emaxx needs to be upgraded anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by josh62685 View Post
    Build one. The stock Emaxx needs to be upgraded anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats basically what i did. My Maxx is my favorite RC now. I bought an old 3906 and upgraded it piece by piece until i had a new 3908. Then i rebuilt the old 3906 again with all the spare parts i had.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    Then i rebuilt the old 3906 again with all the spare parts i had.
    LOL, isn't that how it goes sometimes!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Lol when life hands you a box of parts, build an Emaxx
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC Qualifier
    i hope they do. never owned a maxx series truck except an s-maxx. Was very fun but i sold it for a slash. Emaxx deserves to be modernized.

RC poster
    Thats basically what i did. My Maxx is my favorite RC now. I bought an old 3906 and upgraded it piece by piece until i had a new 3908. Then i rebuilt the old 3906 again with all the spare parts i had.
    exactly what I did, now I have two 3908's and enough spares to build a 3906, haha

I love my Emaxx. It's a fun truck to play with, work on, and modify.

The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Mr. Lazybum; the E-MAXX is a lot of fun to upgrade to brushless, to build from scratch and there are many E-MAXX shelf-queens posted on sites too. There's various parts available still - online by hop-up manufactures. So, I could be wrong, but I trust Traxxas will continue make available this well known, fun to own, 1/8 scale monster truck that has been converted to a truggy or buggy by many people as well.
    Last edited by maximum; 06-21-2018 at 07:55 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lazybum View Post
    Sold e-maxx year or so ago when i got the xmaxx, but now i want to get an emaxx again and it seems to be sold out everywhere. Are they going to do a revamped one like they have been doing with other models or are they going to ship more at some time?
    They are going fast. If you want one grab it on EBay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253691148913

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I think it's gonna get the Erevo upgrades...it's still on their model page which is interesting..it would be a great vehicle..upgraded bulks diffs driveline..id be all in.

RC Racer
    Maby they release a v2 like they did with the e revo?

I realy love my e maxx brushless. Its a beast offroad with big joe 2 tires.
    I use 4s lipo and 20/68 gear, and i can have full speed in sharp turns on a bumpy dirt road without flipping over. E maxx is very nice if u use it where its should be used, not on the road
    With the big joe 2 it gets wider wheel base and make it very awesome.
    I would hate if they remove the e maxx. I cant belive they do.
    We still need a 1/8 monster truck like e maxx on the marked.
    Last edited by Ray87; 07-01-2018 at 02:53 AM.

RC poster
    Hopefully they smarten up and give t the same diffs and axles as the new revo.

RC Qualifier
    The Emaxx is no longer listed on the Model Showroom page and when you punch in Emaxx in the parts finder it comes up Xmaxx but if you do a site search it say's not available on Traxxas.com.
    Only Traxxas knows but does this mean a 2.0 Emaxx soon.

RC Qualifier
    Honestly Traxxas is great at their market strategy. I don't see them making a version 2.0 for this RC. With the X-Maxx and the Summit along with Stampede variations there is not a strong market segment for the E-Maxx. Very sad because it is a great RC but that is my $0.02

-Liberty

I'm thinking the Emaxx AND the TMAXX will be harder to find. I don't see any push for any of their accessories or any marketing on those models. A good sign that it's time is coming to an end.

Nice part, availablity.... Parts are around for many of discontinued Traxxas models, so no need to really panic. I doubt you are going to see a new Emaxx or TMAXX. Sad to say...
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    So I just found a brushless E-maxx used with hop UPS in very good condition for two hundred bucks including one set of Lipos. Do You guys as emaxx gurus believe i will be able to keep this running for a year or 2? My neighbor has been bugging me to find him an rc and i think this is the ticket. I would hate to hook him up with it and then not be able to keep it running....
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    So I just found a brushless E-maxx used with hop UPS in very good condition for two hundred bucks including one set of Lipos. Do You guys as emaxx gurus believe i will be able to keep this running for a year or 2? My neighbor has been bugging me to find him an rc and i think this is the ticket. I would hate to hook him up with it and then not be able to keep it running....
    If thats the case get some common parts that are known to break shortly after purchase and you should be fine to go.
    Living life.

RC Racer
    They seem like really nice trucks.
    I went to buy a new one and discovered as this thread indicated they were discontinued, best I can tell that happened around the end of last year.
    I recently went ahead and bought the cleanest used one I could find on E-bay. I get the impression the X-maxx pretty much replaced this truck, but I kinda like the smaller scale of the E-maxx, and the old school/classic look of the E-maxx. I spotted a lot of parts and pieces for sale on E-bay when searching for my E-max. I should receive mine sometime next week.
    RC's4-UDR/6-XMax/?-Slash/1-Rust4X/4-E-rev/4-E-maxx

I've never had too much trouble finding parts online. Good thing is the e maxx, t maxx, and revo share a lot of common parts and ebay has a lot of chop shops that sell parts. Yes, many aftermarket companies have discontinued production but parts are still easily available
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC Qualifier
    If they do get discontinued let me know! I have a T-maxx that I could probably sell pretty quickly once supply is down.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I love my Emaxx. It's a fun truck to play with, work on, and modify.

That is a BEAST!!!!
    E-MAXX BE, SLASH 2wd VXL, AXIAL YETI 1/10

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cc1999 View Post
    They seem like really nice trucks.
    I went to buy a new one and discovered as this thread indicated they were discontinued, best I can tell that happened around the end of last year.
    I recently went ahead and bought the cleanest used one I could find on E-bay. I get the impression the X-maxx pretty much replaced this truck, but I kinda like the smaller scale of the E-maxx, and the old school/classic look of the E-maxx. I spotted a lot of parts and pieces for sale on E-bay when searching for my E-max. I should receive mine sometime next week.
    I agree fully! The EMAXX is just the right size.
    E-MAXX BE, SLASH 2wd VXL, AXIAL YETI 1/10

RC Enthusiast
    Saying the X-Maxx is the substitute or answer to the replacement or retirement of the E-Maxx or T-Maxx is ludicrous. The X-Maxx is crazy expensive and is a 1/5 scaled sized RC. The E-Revo is also no solution or replacement to the E-Maxx. It's a truggy...not a monster truck.

I'd say Traxxas would have announced the death of the E-Maxx or T-Maxx. It was one of the best monster truck platforms of its time that carried them to where they are today. That truck probably had the most aftermarket parts suppliers than any other monster truck out there.

If they kill the E-Maxx, that would be a shock to me. I'd say an updated version should be coming out that shares the X-Maxx platform....The E-Revo front suspension set-up isn't all that IMO.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    No idea if they are bringing out a new one or not.

After stumbling across a couple still in stock at one local hobby shop I called around and checked at the others. One of them called there distribution and tried to order one, was told they hadn't made them in 2 years. I thought they just quit at the end of last year, that was around when they started becoming scarce.
    Seems they may have quit building them long before that.

Traxxas does not ever seem to announce there production end dates, just new products get announced.
    There is stuff on the Traxxas website you can still get on a waiting list for that I know has been made in several years over 5yr in some cases.

I agree the Xmaxx is too big in many cases and the E-revo all be it about the same size, just doesn't have the look or feel of the E-maxx. I too will miss the E-maxx. I bought both the brushless models I ran across a few weeks ago.

If anyone is interested, they did have one brushed version still in stock at that time. Not sure if it is still there.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_N3RD View Post
    If they do get discontinued let me know! I have a T-maxx that I could probably sell pretty quickly once supply is down.
    The best I can tell, there is no signs that the T-maxx stopped production, there are plenty of brand new T-maxx's around. Only the electric versions seemed to have met their demise.

RC Enthusiast
    I have some photos of my progression from stock to minor upgrades below.

RC Enthusiast
    Milder upgrades when I was running 4S.

RC Enthusiast
    This is when I stepped it up due to failed diffs, driveshafts and drive axles on 5S & 6S.

RC Enthusiast
    This is some fully assembled pics. I have since upgraded the shocks to a set of Unlimited Engineering shocks. The shocks alone were $250. They are sold in sets of 4 for $120. I'm not sure if these can be obtained anymore or not.

I have a new body to paint, screw on type body posts from Proline and The TRX version turnbuckles to install.
    Needless to say, this is one expensive E-Maxx now. It's pretty much bulletproof to a certain degree. But it cost money like crazy to get there. I have full aluminum lower control arms as well, but I left the stock lowers in place for some cushion.

Last edited by laajmalek; 11-02-2018 at 06:41 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Some completed pics with it together.

RC Enthusiast
    I will be putting some new Proline tires and wheels on it. Believe it or not, those tires are the originals on Proline wheels. The pics are when they were somewhat new. They are pretty worn now. I really believe it needs more tire sidewall. It will help cushion the jumps more and possibly drive better with a little less tire width. I don't know how much it weighs, but when you add two 3S packs, it's pretty heavy. I may upgrade the stock chassis to a Monster RC chassis as well. I haven't broke the original chassis as of yet. It may not break with all the aluminum reinforcement everywhere. If it breaks, I'd say it will snap where the bulkheads attach at.

I'm sorry about the picture quality. They look fine in thumbnails, but fuzzy when you enlarge them.
    Last edited by laajmalek; 11-02-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laajmalek View Post
    I will be putting some new Proline tires and wheels on it. Believe it or not, those tires are the originals on Proline wheels. The pics are when they were somewhat new. They are pretty worn now. I really believe it needs more tire sidewall. It will help cushion the jumps more and possibly drive better with a little less tire width. I don't know how much it weighs, but when you add two 3S packs, it's pretty heavy. I may upgrade the stock chassis to a Monster RC chassis as well. I haven't broke the original chassis as of yet. It may not break with all the aluminum reinforcement everywhere. If it breaks, I'd say it will snap where the bulkheads attach at.

I'm sorry about the picture quality. They look fine in thumbnails, but fuzzy when you enlarge them.
    Your upgrades, Laajmalek, looks like you were having a good time with those new parts!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by maximum View Post
    Your upgrades, Laajmalek, looks like you were having a good time with those new parts!
    It's bulletproof to me now. No stock one would ever come close to the excitement this upgraded one yields over it.

RC Qualifier
    Man I so miss my emaxx! One of if not my most favorite rc I have ever owned. A pleasure to drive and fun to just bash with!! Maybe one day Ill get a newer one.

RC Racer
    Any more info about this emaxx on the marked?

I wonder how it would be to get parts after a while, i guess traxxas still produce spare parts for this truck? Would be wierd for the buyers that bought the truck last year if they cant keep it running for at least a few more years with traxxas parts.

Would be the same for the e revo v1.
    I see they still selling t maxx, so most parts should be availible, the inner gear in diff is the same as the other 1/10 scale, drive shafts would also be availible from summit i guess?
    Motor, esc, servos, Gears and many other parts is the same on the different 1/8 scale trucks from traxxas.. So the way i see it it would always be part availible, but parts as bodies, drive shafts and diff boxes/chassis part could be gone after some years?
    Last edited by Ray87; 03-07-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Don't forget about all the after market parts that should stay available for a while.

RC poster
    Where can you find the 3906 chassis? would love to know always wanted an Emaxx

I would think from Traxxas, but you can also Google the part number and look for the best deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast