Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My (LHS) gave me the latest Traxxas catalog yesterday, and there was no Emaxx to be found its' glossy pages of illustrated manly goodness...I cried. America, will never be fully "Great Again" without the availability of the Traxxas Emaxx.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Traxxas Marshal
    It is sad, but life will go on.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    I have a never used, (opened box) brushed 3905 with NIB pair aluminium TRX Bulks and NIB 8pk of aluminium Big Bores....

I think the new Rustler 4x4 VXL is what I'm wanting instead.

IMHO the cool deal would be a new Emaxx with Brushless only version, 4s single pack modified chasis or possibly Traxxas custom sized LiPo since they have their own brand....maybe like a shorty case, 4s..... Perhaps with a new (Castle/Trx) sensored 2200 motor..
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-25-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    3905 E-MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    It is sad, but life will go on.
    People say that, but is it really true when a person experiences such a heavy loss?

I think it would be great if they took what they learned from the x-maxx and scaled that thing down to emaxx size.

4 big shocks.
    bulletproof diff.
    Solid bulks.
    Tough arms/axle carriers.

Get it down to the $400 market with brushless and I'd look at one. The x-maxx is just too much rig for me... but I'd make room on a shelf for a good 1/10th xmaxx running 1/8th driveline/electronics.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I think it would be great if they took what they learned from the x-maxx and scaled that thing down to emaxx size.

4 big shocks.
    bulletproof diff.
    Solid bulks.
    Tough arms/axle carriers.

Get it down to the $400 market with brushless and I'd look at one. The x-maxx is just too much rig for me... but I'd make room on a shelf for a good 1/10th xmaxx running 1/8th driveline/electronics.
    Not me. The Emaxx is perfect just the way it is...er...ah...just the way it was. Gosh, what a rotten thing to have happen to such a fun truck. I got to go take a bath...Calgon take me away!

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Not me. The Emaxx is perfect just the way it is...er...ah...just the way it was. Gosh, what a rotten thing to have happen to such a fun truck. I got to go take a bath...Calgon take me away!
    I would like to see the maxx platform continue on if they change the bulk/hinge pin setup so they are captured on both ends by an alloy plate of some sort, and run 4 GTR shocks on it. Almost every RC that exists these days has proper hinge pin blocks on the inside of the pins and captured by an alloy plate/block on the outside end. Why the t-maxx was ever designed the way it was is beyond me. I went through so many bulkheads in my t-maxx days it was laughable. One bad landing and you have to take the entire front or rear apart. Alloy bulks helped, but the pins would deform, then it was a bear getting them out.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I would like to see the maxx platform continue on if they change the bulk/hinge pin setup so they are captured on both ends by an alloy plate of some sort, and run 4 GTR shocks on it. Almost every RC that exists these days has proper hinge pin blocks on the inside of the pins and captured by an alloy plate/block on the outside end. Why the t-maxx was ever designed the way it was is beyond me. I went through so many bulkheads in my t-maxx days it was laughable. One bad landing and you have to take the entire front or rear apart. Alloy bulks helped, but the pins would deform, then it was a bear getting them out.
    Not me. The Emaxx is perfect just the way it...this seems strangely familiar.

RC Qualifier
    The e maxx is one of the best truck out there when upgraded i stock form, it was fun but not good, mine has rpm arms and rpm bulk head, and fairly strong, love best ruck ever, everything can break even the e maxx rest in peace.

RC Racer
    This truck is very solid, i have heard that the diff gears is weak, so for 3 years ago when i bought my e maxx brushless used i also bought two set of diff gears, since i thought it going to break any minutes since the truck was 3-4 years old that time.

It still running on stock front shafts! Stock diffs!
    I have used it on 6s a few times, but for the last year i have runned it only on 5s with 20 pinion to reach 50mph. This is crazy power and it’s the sweet spot for the drivetrain.

Only replaced two rear driveshafts, (the one that was there when i bought it was old) and two set of center driveshafts for the last 50+ runs i had with it.
    Only thing i see as weak on this truck is the rear shocktower, that is so weak that it’s a big shame they never designed a new one.

I used rpm rear shock tower, then it’s never a problem anymore, but i recently jumped up in air and hitted a streetlight with back rear end and the rpm got broken. Could only get a stock one that time, mounted it and took one big jump before it broke again lol, just used ziptie to continue running with the stock one..
    Last edited by Ray87; 05-05-2019 at 03:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12