RC Qualifier

Bec's,rx bypass,servos and tires

I've been asked by numerous friends lately about running a Bec and there seems to be a lot of questions asked not only on these forums but multiple forums with mixed opinions. I purchased the CC 2.0 wp bec after a lot of different searches and you tube video's on the explanations of how they work and the reasons why one would want to install one.

So let me start by saying I'm not endorsing anyone product or brand and can only speak about what I own and have tried and what has been working for me as far as bec's, servos and tires. I recently had servo issues but unlike a lot of others, my 2075x's were app. a yr old give or take. I contacted Traxxas and sent them in, they found nothing wrong in there tests and returned them to me. I installed them and had the same issues so I swapped them into all 3 trucks with the same results. I contacted Traxxas again and they instantly sent me 2 brand new servos so Thank You Traxxas and upon receiving the servos I was dinged $24.00 duty before they would release the package even though it said warranty replacement lol. I called Traxxas again not to complain but to ask if this was normal and he apologized and then sent me diff gears and cup to make up for my inconvenience WOW talk about going above and beyond with their customer service Thank You again Traxxas.

I posted on a thread called single servos and after much respected recommendations I purchased 2 = Hitec D955TW's and while waiting on all these servos to arrive I bought 2 more 2075x's locally to get me by knowing that they struggle with my Jumbo Kong's which stand 8 1/2 inches tall and 5 inches wide and weigh in well over a lb. This is when I found out about bec's and after installing one with the rx bypass harness it worked extremely well taking into consideration that the truck weighs 15 to 17 lbs and at 125 oz each for the 2075x's they worked. Were they fast no, but they worked and they worked really well with the Trencher x's and the MX38 Badlands unlike before the bec install and rx bypass. Attached are a couple of videos (low quality and first time so be gentle) showing the 2075x's with the rx bypass and cc bec also keep in mind it would take 5 of these to compare to the 2 Hitecs at 666 oz in the second video. This in no way is to discriminate between the 2 but to have other options available including the bec.

Servos are like all rc parts axles,tires,tx-rx,motors,esc's,aluminum parts, bodies, batteries and the list goes on it boils down to personal preference and other peoples recommendations, some are more out spoken then other and thatís not a fault but user opinion. Lots of good quality and cheap servos and it's brain draining trying to sort through what our needs and specs require. I run stock 68 spur and 17 pinion so realistically for me any servo would do with the front wheels barely touching the ground and back flips at 1/2 throttle lol. There will be naysayers to using a bec and thatís ok but for those of us that have tried and use them there's no going back lol. Installing a bypass harness is pretty straight forward and the power never deviates and just runs the servos without taking away from the esc bec. I run my MM2 at 6v and my CC Bec at 6v nothing is over worked or lacking for power with the option of increasing the servo volts as required by the user.

Tires. We sometimes over look the strain we put on the electronics by changing our stock tires. There's something about running Jumbo's that I love with these trucks but they tend to strain almost every part of these rc's.Running Trencher x's for the past year has been awesome for our driving style and they have stood up to a lot of abuse with no issues except the ballooning and I know you can tape them but I'm waiting on the stock gluing to dissipate before I dig into that, and they are an all around awesome tire. After reading through the slash tire thread on the MX28 tire (I know mines an Emaxx) I thought with all the high recommendations we would give the MX38 a try, and wow hands down one of the best we have ever tried and can't say enough good about them and they exceeded our expectations on sand, mud and grass.
    Below are pics of things I've done that has worked for us.

CC Bec 2.0 wp 15 amp

CC Bec 2.0 not wp 14 amp

Powering the Bec I found down at the base of the Esc wires allows for more flexibility to the esc wires and is less intrusive then part way up or at the plugs themselves. I soldered the connectors from old Titan series motors utilizing the silicone wp shields to make it easier for replacements and using a high quality shrink tube is a must for anything in the elements.

RX bypass dual, when running 1 power and ground from the Bec and running 2 servos you only run the 1 ground & signal to the 1 steering port and just the signal for the second steering port.

Rx bypass with 2 power leads off the Bec.Castle had told me that I could run each servo off of the separate power leads from the Bec which is what I chose to do.

The only connections into the RX is the ground and signal in the steering ports.

Keep an open mind these are just options that are available and I hope some of this helps some of you.

2075x's, rx bypass and cc bec at 6v 250 oz.

RC Qualifier
    Hitec D955TW,rx bypass and cc bec at 6v 666 oz.

Wow, looking at the specs on the d955 is making my head spon a little. The technology is crazy!! Its got a microprocessor and so its fully programmable. I never knew anything like that existed until now.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

That there is a nice rig. What you have done! I don't have a clue, but i sure see it is nice and you know what you are talking about....Just messin with ya My friend. Thanks for the great info. Nice how we help each other out around here..... Is this the first time I have seen you post pics and videos?
    Choose Life !!!

Excellent post Rain Dawg! Always nice to see someone offering up there experience to assist our fellow Traxxas brothers!

-Shack

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    Wow, looking at the specs on the d955 is making my head spon a little. The technology is crazy!! Its got a microprocessor and so its fully programmable. I never knew anything like that existed until now.
    Thank you they are nice and they come with a price lol.
    Last edited by Rain Dawg; 06-14-2018 at 12:29 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    That there is a nice rig. What you have done! I don't have a clue, but i sure see it is nice and you know what you are talking about....Just messin with ya My friend. Thanks for the great info. Nice how we help each other out around here..... Is this the first time I have seen you post pics and videos?
    Thank you lektro a few pics here and there but first vids learning as I go lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by shack351 View Post
    Excellent post Rain Dawg! Always nice to see someone offering up there experience to assist our fellow Traxxas brothers!

-Shack
    Thank you shack as a man who uses Becs I'm glad you see it for what it is, just another option for people with any issues or for peace of mind.
    But they do work lol.

RC Qualifier
    I’m definitely installing a BEC as soon as I’m more comfortable with wiring. Seems like a good investment. I don’t need it but you never know.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    I’m definitely installing a BEC as soon as I’m more comfortable with wiring. Seems like a good investment. I don’t need it but you never know.
    When I decided to start this thread it was to prove that a Bec was instrumental in helping the 2075x's move those Kong's whether people agree or not they turn. When I put the truck on it's back shows what they move like under power at least with mine because there's no weight with forward movement and they turn just fine.
    I understand the want for more powerful servos when crawling but for all out bashing I have no issues using the 2075x's and I'll replace the 2056's in the other 2 trucks with them if and when they decide to go.
    I like using a Bec and I don't snub those that choose not to it's personal preference like motors and esc's so if you ever get stuck on an install, just ask and I'll do the best I can to help.