RC poster

Xmaxx 8s to match slash 4x4

Hello everyone,
    This is my first post
    I currently have a slash 4X4 vxl stock running 2s and I love the speed and responsiveness.
    Im looking to order the xmaxx 8s shortly.
    Question is what LiPo combo for the xmaxx would match my current slash power?

Thank you in advance

RC Qualifier
    you would need two 2s batteries.

RC poster
    Thank you....

Quote Originally Posted by Jncapture View Post
    Question is what LiPo combo for the xmaxx would match my current slash power?

Thank you in advance
    The x-maxx 8s does not take 2S batteries. Are u asking how to make the x-maxx as powerful as a slash running on 2s? The x-maxx is in a whole other category as far as how powerful it is.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC poster
    Thanks nybandit33. Would running running 6s be more than enough based on what I’m used to with the slash?

The x-maxx is a 1/5 scale truck its much bigger. Even at 6s the truck climbs over all types of terrain with ease and it takes an absolute beating. Takes jumps and ramps way better then a 1/10 scale vehicle. If you are only looking to match the power of a slash running on 2s then I think running on 6s is more then enough. Would probably recommend getting 4S batteries off the bat if you have the money and plan on eventually going in that direction. I got my x-maxx for sale in the market place. Shoot me an offer.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC poster
    I’ve been watching a ton of videos on the xmaxx. Just want to make sure I get what’s necessary. 6s seems like a good option. I’m not doing top speed runs just medium sized jumps and general bashing. Gotta buy it new :-) love the smell and warranty

RC Racer
    The 8s xmaxx will run on 2x2s batteries its just slow. I run mine on 2 3s smc 5600mah pacs and it shreds. Im running with the included optional gear and its not slow i have power to pop wheelies with ease and it will climb any gravel pile i can find. Ive never ran on 8s im shure its awsome but i dont feel like its necessary .

RC Qualifier
    I had a slash and am jumping straight to 8s when my X-MAXX arrives!

RC poster
    Thanks. It seems like more things are likely to break running 8s. Ill have to check out some vids on how to swap gears

I wouldn't recommend trying to run the X-maxx on 2s batteries (4s total). The motor wants alot more amps than what they can provide, & you'll probably overheat and ruin them. Remember that the X-maxx weighs a good 20+ lbs. The motor wants alot of juice to make it move. Don't worry about breaking stuff when running 8s in an X-maxx. Just take it easy as you learn how it handles.
    V1 6s w/8s conversion
    Max5 Leopard 1090kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jncapture View Post
    Thanks. It seems like more things are likely to break running 8s. Ill have to check out some vids on how to swap gears
    Its built rather solid. Also depends on how you handle the vehicle - ie, rather then sudden full throttle, ease into it etc.....

RC Qualifier
    right, I said 2s as I thought you wanted to use the same batteries in the X as well as the slash, which you could do, but the others are right, it would be slow.

RC Qualifier
    dont waste your money on two 3s batteries just get 4s batteries and turn down the power with the app... then when you are ready to get full potential of the truck (about a week) you just turn it up instead of having to lay out another hundred on batteries.

RC poster
    Thank you everyone
    Just ordered the xmaxx with the 2-4s and charger combo.. I cant wait :—)