My titan 550 burnt out on me. Options please

Hi sorry if this has been covered. Im looking to replace it off amazon. Is there another option I can get that has the reverse rotation that will make the TRX4 go a little faster? If I go brushless do I have to change the ESC? I dont want to do that.

I found this one that I think is a direct replacement
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

please give me some more options and links if you can.

thanks
    Shawn
    Slash, Stampede,Craniac,X2 TRX4 ,ford gt 4 tec 2.0

RC Racer
    I’d go for this over a stock replacement... http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/hh-110100046.htm

FYI since it is brushed, any motor will rotate in reverse if you flip the wires to connect the other way. (Negative to positive and positive to negative)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lotust251 View Post
    Hi sorry if this has been covered. Im looking to replace it off amazon. Is there another option I can get that has the reverse rotation that will make the TRX4 go a little faster? If I go brushless do I have to change the ESC? I dont want to do that.

I found this one that I think is a direct replacement
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

please give me some more options and links if you can.

thanks
    Shawn
    That motor is a like for like direct replacement for your burnt out one. Same motor more or less.
    The one above in the other post is slightly better as it has a ball bearing on the output shaft and better magnets.

I've ordered some of these to try as well but not had the chance to try yet

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SURPASS-HOB...MAAOSwFOZbGNML

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERPASS-H...AAAOSwxT9a7aAV

thanks guys. I ordered the OEM one I posted the link to and the one from Ebay Hardcoretam posted. for 10$ if it fails who cares.

Traxxas Marshal
    Just an FYI: Traxxas sells a reversed rotation Titan because they have slightly advanced timing. If you reverse a motor with advanced timing, it will cause it to wear out quicker, heat up more, and not perform as well. The reversed rotation motor is adjusted so that the timing is advanced for the motor's intended rotation.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Holmes Hobbies offers a 550 sized TrailMaster Sport in both 21T and 27T

https://www.rpphobby.com/SearchResul...ster+sport+550

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    Holmes Hobbies offers a 550 sized TrailMaster Sport in both 21T and 27T

https://www.rpphobby.com/SearchResul...ster+sport+550
    Im using these motors in my emaxx. I only have about 4 packs ran thru them so far but i like em.

Holmes hobbies makes some super brushed motors as well. As long as your esc can handle the turns, you can upgrade to their rebuildable performance motors with adjustable timing.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    Im using these motors in my emaxx. I only have about 4 packs ran thru them so far but i like em.

Holmes hobbies makes some super brushed motors as well. As long as your esc can handle the turns, you can upgrade to their rebuildable performance motors with adjustable timing.
    Good to hear. I have a 550 Trailmaster at home waiting to be installed if my Titan fails.

I also have some other Holmes motors (rebuildable brushed and brushless) and they are great.

In the TRX-4 you just have to make sure you're using a 550. 540 motors would struggle.

RC Qualifier
    Good to hear. I have a 550 Trailmaster at home waiting to be installed if my Titan fails.

I also have some other Holmes motors (rebuildable brushed and brushless) and they are great.

In the TRX-4 you just have to make sure you're using a 550. 540 motors would struggle.
    I'm using one in my TRX4 just now and it seems fine but i never did run the original motor.
    There's a guy in my club running a 40t 540 motor in his, but he's almost always in low gear so it does fine on 3s.
    With the weight of it and the hill climbs i do in high gear, 550 all the way.

will a 550 35T Brushed Motor make the TRX-4 slower or faster? thanks

RC Qualifier
    will a 550 35T Brushed Motor make the TRX-4 slower or faster? thanks
    Slower.
    The standard motor is 21t and the higher the turns (generally speaking) the slower the motor

Thanks I did a quick forum search and came up with what you said. I bought it off eBay per the links you posted. Its looks like a quality part for the 10$ it costs

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoretam View Post
    Slower.
    The standard motor is 21t and the higher the turns (generally speaking) the slower the motor
    Last edited by lotust251; 06-30-2018 at 06:54 AM.

In my searches I found that Hobao also has a 27T 550 motor. It's for their DC-1 crawler.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBAO-11352...AAAOSw4P1astow

thanks for posting up another option.

In my searches I found that Hobao also has a 27T 550 motor. It's for their DC-1 crawler.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBAO-11352...AAAOSw4P1astow

RC Qualifier
    Thanks I did a quick forum search and came up with what you said. I bought it off eBay per the links you posted. Its looks like a quality part for the 10$ it costs
    Did you receive yours yet? I have mines and seems great quality for the price but not had a chance to run it yet.

yes I got it a few weeks back. I also did not test it yet. I like the black finish on it.

Did you receive yours yet? I have mines and seems great quality for the price but not had a chance to run it yet.

RC Qualifier
    Just to update this...

I've ordered the 21t, 27t and 35t from the ebay sellers like the one i linked above.

I've only tried the 35t so far with a 9t pinion. Man, if you like things slow this is a great motor for you.
    On 3s, low gear flat out is like a slow walking speed and high gear is about as fast as low is on the stock motor
    Low speed start up / control is amazing and enough torque to make the spur skip teeth when i was pushing things around the house. Oops!

Just to update this...

I've ordered the 21t, 27t and 35t from the ebay sellers like the one i linked above.

I've only tried the 35t so far with a 9t pinion. Man, if you like things slow this is a great motor for you.
    On 3s, low gear flat out is like a slow walking speed and high gear is about as fast as low is on the stock motor
    Low speed start up / control is amazing and enough torque to make the spur skip teeth when i was pushing things around the house. Oops!

interesting thanks the update on the motor off eBay.

RC Enthusiast
    Sounds like you don't have the pinion lined up correctly if you're skipping teeth. Might wanna double check that.

RC Racer
    What is required to make a conversion to brushless? Is a brushless motor upgrade more waterproof / less maintenance??

Quote Originally Posted by Stircrayzy View Post
    What is required to make a conversion to brushless? Is a brushless motor upgrade more waterproof / less maintenance??
    you have to change the ESC.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TMoney128 View Post
    Sounds like you don't have the pinion lined up correctly if you're skipping teeth. Might wanna double check that.
    Checked it before i fitted it, and checked it again when i removed the motor to put a 21t back in. Couldn't be lined up any better to be honest. Been in the hobby over 20 years, so this isn't my first motor / pinion change.