RC poster

Exclamation Ok, I know I messed up, but can I fix this?

I flew this by the ocean on a very salty beach and crashed it multiple times due to bad wind conditions, then flew it again without cleaning it and got it stuck in a palm tree, where it remain stuck for 36 hours until I could locate someone with a ladder. after that it seemed that all 4 moters were broken except for one. I replaced them all with some after market moters. Once I had them it the drone seemed to work fine, and it flew normally. I then greased up the axles and cleaned the gears on the moters, and used rubbing alcohol to clean the main board. After doing this I tested it without thinking to let it dry first. and the moters on the drone did something very odd. the ones on one half of the drone would not turn on until the drone had hit 60 percent power, and once they did the moters on the other half went down on power and lagged behind to a point where the drone would not take off, I then realized that I forgot to let it dry, and immediately powered off the drone and am now letting it dry.

So how screwed am I? is this drone a total loss?
    Note: their was already corrosion on the main board, that's the reason I cleaned it.

oh yeah, and I know i'm an idiot, all of this was just one long string of mistakes, the drone also had to go through light rainfall during its' 36 hours in the tree, it also had its' battery in it during this time.

RC Competitor
    put it in a rice box for a long time... see if that helps

RC poster
    Thanks, I'll try that

Traxxas Marshal
    At this point, I'm not so sure how much rice will help, but I guess it's worth a shot. It sounds like your poor Alias has been through a lot.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannadie8245 View Post
    oh yeah, and I know i'm an idiot, all of this was just one long string of mistakes, the drone also had to go through light rainfall during its' 36 hours in the tree, it also had its' battery in it during this time.

Have you considered flying kites as a hobby?

Extremely simple to fly, maintain, and repair, and in your case, offers a significant benefit of not needing electricity to fly which is good.

I've heard that being around electricity apparently causes some people to start glitching as bad, or worse than, say, mixing water and electronic gadgets.