Thread: New updates.

RC Qualifier

New updates.

I put batteries in my 2.0 and turned on the Traxxas link on my phone. The link said updates are available for the transmitter, tsm receiver and the VXL-6. I'm not sure what it fixed just letting you guys know they are there.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Well I did the update and it fixed my alarms on my gauges they now work where as before it would just close the app when my batteries hit low voltage cutoff or my temps hit the cutoff so that was a bonus, everything else seems fine.

RC Racer
    Any idea on what exactly changed from the last version or how to find the change log?

RC Qualifier
    All I know is that it was 3 updates. It updated my Tqi transmitter first. Then the tsm receiver. Than the VXL Esc. Maybe (hopefully) a Traxxas employee will chime in.

RC Competitor
    I used my BT module at the weekend and did the same 3 updates (takes ages).

Alarm points still close my app on my S9.

The only difference i noticed was that it is a lot more responsive to going in to reverse, or from reverse to forwards.

RC poster
    I did my updates....drove 2 times...did not really notice any difference.

RC Qualifier
    So if I get the link module for the transmitter, what functions will work with the stock truck?

RC Competitor
    I did the updates before driving my truck for the first time. My truck is in SPORT mode and reverse is only 50%. I have went through a ton of menu items and can't find anything to make it go to 100% reverse. ESC lights up when going full brake meaning the end point is satisfied. But when I go to full reverse, the light never comes on. I have changed modes several times also. What else can I do? Check yours before answering if you have installed the newest updates.

RC Qualifier
    I think they raised the LVC.

RC Competitor
    I talked to Traxxas support and they went through several resets with me over the phone and could not figure it out but they thought they were going to be able too. They want me to send in the entire truck and transmitter for them to check all the components out. Its 3 days old. Has everybody that has read this and installed the latest updates, using the bluetooth module,checked to see if their reverse will go 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by NitroStarGT View Post
    I talked to Traxxas support and they went through several resets with me over the phone and could not figure it out but they thought they were going to be able too. They want me to send in the entire truck and transmitter for them to check all the components out. Its 3 days old. Has everybody that has read this and installed the latest updates, using the bluetooth module,checked to see if their reverse will go 100%?
    Just out of curiosity, why do you want to go that fast in reverse?

it's alright son, I'll fix it when you break it.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why do you want to go that fast in reverse
    1. It is designed that way
    2. There is not a normal mode option with 50% reverse.
    3. To get out of a tight spot
    4. Is something wrong with the electronics?

I'm curious too, does your E-Revo 2 go 100% in reverse if you have the latest firmware? All I'm wanting is to see how many others are doing this.
    Last edited by NitroStarGT; 07-25-2018 at 08:11 AM.

RC Competitor
    Oh and how can you do front flips correctly with an E-Revo if the reverse will not gyro the truck on over cause reverse is not spinning the tires fast enough?

I'm not running the vxl6s so I can adjust my reverse power from 0 too 100, personally I keep it at 50 percent, the E-Revo 2.0 is kinda long to pull off front flips gracefully. That's what my mt410 is for!

it's alright son, I'll fix it when you break it.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Competitor
    Thanks for sharing.

RC Competitor
    New updates on the Taxxas Link app for Transmitter, Receiver, and ESC when I checked today. Updated my E-Revo but my reverse is still only 50%. Anybody know where we can get release notes?
    X-Maxx 8s / Slash 4x4 / Rustler 4x4 VXL

RC poster
    Hello after check with other users in my region, updateing slash 4x4 ultimate cuts off sound module and parking option