RC Competitor

Body and Wheels/Tires Question

Hello
    I recently bought a 4tec 2.0 vxl and was looking around for bodies and I found this one:
    https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/17519
    I love how that body looks but I also want the wheels and tires shown in the picture on HPI's website. What offset do I get for front and rear?
    Teton, rustler vxl, summit; what's next?

You would have to get the body, and get it mounted up, and then see what you need.
    I am running the proline c7 corvette body. I am running contact foams, and I had to use 10mm thick hexes to get the rear tires to set right with the body, and not contact the chassis.
    The fronts are running on the stock hexes. I don't think contact offers different offset wheels though.
    So you may just have to try and experiment.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

RC Enthusiast
    I think it may be difficult to find the HPI Mustang body you like. I think HPI stop making them. You may want to look at the Protoform video ion how to mount the 68 Mustang body and VTA tires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StWqw1m96FM

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FierceSummit View Post
    Hello
    I recently bought a 4tec 2.0 vxl and was looking around for bodies and I found this one:
    https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/17519
    I love how that body looks but I also want the wheels and tires shown in the picture on HPI's website. What offset do I get for front and rear?
    I found out he hard way that you had to get different offsets for your rims. I went with some HPI 3mm and 6mm offset rims for my look. Not completed yet but looks a lot better with the offset rims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    @ TLXtreme - very nice !!
    What paint did you use ?

Ontopic:
    If you go for the HPI Vintage of the Protoform VTA, you don't have a choice in offset, they fit and look great.
    If you use 26mm tires front and rear, you need at least 3mm extra offset to match the body, but it works with 0 offset.

RC Competitor
    Could'nt edit previous message:
    I believe that the HPI Vintage / the Protoform VTA have 0 offset on the front tires -the rear (31mm) have 6mm offset.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by StijnH View Post
    @ TLXtreme - very nice !!
    What paint did you use ?

Ontopic:
    If you go for the HPI Vintage of the Protoform VTA, you don't have a choice in offset, they fit and look great.
    If you use 26mm tires front and rear, you need at least 3mm extra offset to match the body, but it works with 0 offset.

Thank you. I used the Tamiya Silver PS-12