Thread: axles

RC Competitor

axles

Is anyone using traxxas upgrade axles?

Are you speaking of the 1951Rs from traxxas... If so they are for a 2wd. I haven't seen anyone here, using them. On the rear of a 2wd yes. 4wd why would you when you can get the MIP x duty?

Choose Life !!!

If you're talking about the Traxxas steel cvds, then yep, I run them on a couple of trucks. I've snapped a couple of diff outputs on 4s off the ramp. I'll get around to trying MIPS someday but for what I put these through, they do pretty well.

If you run anything more than stock 2s power I do not recommend them. Some people have had ok luck with them, most people who run 3 and 4s or have 8th scale systems choose a better option. MIP will cost you probably 30-40$ more for front and rear and they are worth every penny. My personal experience with the traxxas CVDs is poor. Out of 4 only 1 didn't snap, and I went through 3 rebuild kits @18$ a piece in the 2 months I had them.

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    If you run anything more than stock 2s power I do not recommend them. Some people have had ok luck with them, most people who run 3 and 4s or have 8th scale systems choose a better option. MIP will cost you probably 30-40$ more for front and rear and they are worth every penny. My personal experience with the traxxas CVDs is poor. Out of 4 only 1 didn't snap, and I went through 3 rebuild kits @18$ a piece in the 2 months I had them.
    Wow! That is a lot of money and work for only owning them for two months! MIP X-duty axles would have been a cheaper option.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

The MIPS are a bit cheaper than the 1951s around 20 dollars each, cheaper

I do run the 1951's on my rusty with a 2650 CC and they work fine. I don't do much bashing if any at all with them, could be why they have been very good to me.

Compared to 69.90
    Last edited by lektro; 06-29-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    Choose Life !!!

My MIPs have been installed since sometime in 2014 and i havnt had a problem with them yet. They are still rocking the same grease that i assembled them with lol i havnt done anything at all to maintain them.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    My MIPs have been installed since sometime in 2014 and i havnt had a problem with them yet. They are still rocking the same grease that i assembled them with lol i havnt done anything at all to maintain them.
    .................................................. ........
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    My mips have never had an issue, if i have one complaint its the Keyed hex's they kinda limit your options

Quote Originally Posted by cjbond12 View Post
    Is anyone using traxxas upgrade axles?
    I see you are online. A few of us have responded to your question. Pure etiquette is coming straight to your thread and commenting on the responses. Be nice to hear what your thoughts are. Just sayin.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    Sorry about that Lektro. I will be sure to follow up on my post from now on. I ended up going with MIP's. Thank you for all your advice.