RC Competitor

Good Ramp Design

Hey! I'm curious to see what you guys have for a ramp to use for your X-Maxx. I'm looking at building my own, but with some criteria. I've got some ideas, but figured I would run it past you guys first.

1. It needs to be able to handle an X-Maxx hitting it at high speed.
    2. Wide enough to be able to hit it confidentially and easily.
    3. Being able to adjust the angle would be extremely nice.
    4. Light enough to be moved by 1 person, or modular and quick/easy to assemble and disassemble.

I live in an area that's relatively flat, so I'd like to be able to bring a jump wherever I take my RCs.

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG]

You could try something along these lines. Its an adjustable dog ramp but the same concept can be used. (hopefully the photo worked!!)

RC Champion
    I built mine after a dirt bike ramp. I use to hit my dirt bike kickers with my RCs and just scaled everything down.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I use two plastic skateboard ramps. The stack on each other for transport or storage. I put them side by side.

RC Enthusiast
    Can you load a picture of it or refer to a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC Racer
    It will be hard to have an adjustable ramp. You want a progressive ramp (curved). Anything that is an instant change in angle will bottom out your suspension when you hit the ramp and you'll find d it won't be much. This is just from my experience I'm talking.

If it was me I would order two of the plastic skate board ramps, have them side by side. They stack and are fairly light and durable, just not adjustable.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ponymony View Post
    Can you load a picture of it or refer to a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F312171688131

Quote Originally Posted by ejh321 View Post
    It will be hard to have an adjustable ramp. You want a progressive ramp (curved). Anything that is an instant change in angle will bottom out your suspension when you hit the ramp and you'll find d it won't be much. This is just from my experience I'm talking.

If it was me I would order two of the plastic skate board ramps, have them side by side. They stack and are fairly light and durable, just not adjustable.
    I agree with this. Ive been using a 6x6 piece of wood but I feel it would be better to have somthing slightly curved. Ill eventually buy them at a store if I dont find what I like but Ive been keeping an eye out for used plastic skateboard ramps for sale locally
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    Found an older post that looks promising: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthread.php?468280-Made-a-jump-for-my-ERBE

I think I would shorten the legs a bit so the ramp can't go as high, but also is less stretched out when the angle is set shallow. Moving the the inner two curves on the ramp side inwards to the center would give the plywood a bit more strength. Otherwise, it looks like it holds up to an ERBE fine at least.