Limit for the 6533 TSM receiver?

I'm well aware that only a certain amount of voltage should be run through the receiver; but I wanna hear from you guys that have run higher than 6 volts through the 6533 TSM receiver.

Particularly if you have successfully run 7.4 or 8.4 volts through it, I would be glad to hear it.
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

Well, I had a spare 6518 receiver floating around, so I hooked a 11.1 volt 3S battery to it with a BEC in between to regulate the voltage to 8.4 volts. I hooked two Promodeler (DS360DLHV) servos to it also to test it and the receiver didn't brown out.

I guess the 6533 will be alright on 7.4 volts then.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    Well, I had a spare 6518 receiver floating around, so I hooked a 11.1 volt 3S battery to it with a BEC in between to regulate the voltage to 8.4 volts. I hooked two Promodeler (DS360DLHV) servos to it also to test it and the receiver didn't brown out.

I guess the 6533 will be alright on 7.4 volts then.
    You could try calling customer service, because there are no voltage specifications published that I can find. My Futaba and Spektrum receivers are good up to 9.6 volts, servos, Hitec and Futaba I see have max voltages from 6 volts to 7.4 volts in their specifications.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    I had contacted Traxxas earlier this yr and was told that the engineers do not release that data and shack and I had discussed this in a separate thread a few months ago when he was looking for data.

I personally run at 6v only because if the rx does blow at a higher voltage I don't have the spare cash to replace rx's even though I know others have run higher and been ok.

Steve from Traxxas support had got back to me that the receivers are rated for 6 volts. I understand that they are rated for 6 volts; but that really didn't answer my question as to whether or not they could handle more voltage.

So as I pointed out earlier, I had a spare 6518 receiver laying around and I punched 8.4 volts through it with the ProModeler servos and BEC hooked up and it didn't brown out. The real test will be to find out if the receiver browns out under load at 8.4 volts when everything is actually in use on a vehicle.

I don't really need 8.4 volts to my servos; but since they are ProModelers, they can handle it.

I have two TSM receivers I could try it out on, I'm just skeptical because the servos being under load is different than the stall current. I just don't know how long the receiver would last at that voltage, and I'm not so sure I want to find out either.

Like I mentioned earlier, I don't care what something is rated for, I care about what it can actually handle.

RC poster
    I have a HPI NITRO MT and I want to use my TQI remote. If I want to use 6533 receiver. What will I need to complete this setup?

RC poster
    I have a HPI NITRO MT and I want to use my TQI remote. If I want to use 6533 receiver. What will I need to complete this setup?

RC Qualifier
    Steve from Traxxas support had got back to me that the receivers are rated for 6 volts. I understand that they are rated for 6 volts; but that really didn't answer my question as to whether or not they could handle more voltage.

So as I pointed out earlier, I had a spare 6518 receiver laying around and I punched 8.4 volts through it with the ProModeler servos and BEC hooked up and it didn't brown out. The real test will be to find out if the receiver browns out under load at 8.4 volts when everything is actually in use on a vehicle.

I don't really need 8.4 volts to my servos; but since they are ProModelers, they can handle it.

I have two TSM receivers I could try it out on, I'm just skeptical because the servos being under load is different than the stall current. I just don't know how long the receiver would last at that voltage, and I'm not so sure I want to find out either.

Like I mentioned earlier, I don't care what something is rated for, I care about what it can actually handle.
    ¿Do you try this TSM receivers in 7.4v?, ¿results?, I'm very interested in it. ¿Are the 6533?

RC poster
    I haven't tried it yet. I want to know what to buy so I can use my remote. So if I get the 6533 receiver, what else do I need? With no modifications. I want a plug and play setup.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by No.one! View Post
    I haven't tried it yet. I want to know what to buy so I can use my remote. So if I get the 6533 receiver, what else do I need? With no modifications. I want a plug and play setup.
    If you have the TQi TX, only you need is to buy a 6533 RX and bind them.

RC poster

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by No.one! View Post
    The 6533 RX only works with Traxxas TQi TX.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    The 6533 RX only works with Traxxas TQi TX.
    I remember reading that Traxxas can update a TQ transmitter so it works with the 6533. You would need to send it to them.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I remember reading that Traxxas can update a TQ transmitter so it works with the 6533. You would need to send it to them.
    Good option too.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    So far, the only thing I have been good at, is finding what is incompatible with each other when it comes to Traxxas electronics! On a lighter note, I haven't had a single fire from LiPo batteries, so I might have a handle on how to treat and use them.

So far, the only thing I have been good at, is finding what is incompatible with each other when it comes to Traxxas electronics! On a lighter note, I haven't had a single fire from LiPo batteries, so I might have a handle on how to treat and use them.
    We all are good at something! LoL