Mixed Reviews on Integy

Hello Everybody!
    So, I am in the middle of upgrading my Vintage Rustler. Kinda like a restoration of it to show all the new Traxxas' who is still boss.
    Anyway, I've always stayed away from Integy because I was going to buy a bunch of parts off of it for a Bandit build (never happened. lol) But I was warned to not buy from them. But then later, I read some good reviews on them.

Sooo.. I'm like so confused about Integy... I think it was GreatScott who told me that Integy's Shocks were good, but I think everything else was like a cheap aluminum or something?
    Some Clarification would be Great!
    Thanks!
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas9008 View Post
    Hello Everybody!

I think it was GreatScott who told me that Integy's Shocks were good, but I think everything else was like a cheap aluminum or something?
    Some Clarification would be Great!
    Thanks!
    The biggest problem with Integy now is that they are making some good parts, but they are still making crap parts. So, you are REALLY taking your chances as to what you get. I have read very good reviews on Integy's shock bodies and transmission cases, but have yet to see anyone that was happy with their bulkheads, carriers, or shock towers. For fast trucks, I will only buy Integy if there are no other options, and I can't (or just don't want to) make the part myself. I do have one of their Sl4sh roll cages, it was the only one I could find in the style I wanted, and I am not a welder. The cage is very well built with good quality welds and powder coating. Its parts like these that REALLY make you mad about Integy, they know how to make a good part, but still choose to sell junk.

For Crawlers and such they do have some nice stuff, but parts for slow trucks are not subjected to the same stresses as parts on fast trucks, so it is a fairly safe bet.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Okay. Thank Greatscott!
    The reason I was wondering was because i was looking for a Chassis for my Rustler, and I was trying to figure out if I should get a stock new one, or upgrade to aluminum, but I could only find Integy's Chassis.
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

The only thing I like from Integy is their sock spring assortments and their Ti Nitrate hex wrench sets.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

I use integy arms on my slash 4x4 and they have held up fine to hard abuse for 2 years. I believe. Shack351 uses them on one of his speed builds as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

When I first upgraded my Rusty. I bought the whole integy hop up kit. I have replaced many of the parts only because I wanted to but still have the shock towers, caster blocks, front extended a arms and bulkhead. All of them have been through some pretty hard crashes which were head on collisions. So far in 1.5 years I have only bent one caster block. I went right back to integy and bought a new set.

I also have integy motor mount and plates in both my p4de and my slash 4x4. I have to admit, they are all solid, well built parts. Especially the motor mounts. Pretty shiny silver too. When it comes to parts from them I will only buy parts that are made from one solid piece of aluminum. Anything that is pieced together, meaning shocks drive shafts and the like, I will not buy. They do billet machine their parts out of solid aluminum. We went through this on a thread somewhere else in this forum and everyone had different opinions, from cast to cheap aluminum. Personally. I don't believe that.....

One other thing. Someone compared Integy, HR and king headz motor mounts for the slash and the integy weighed more than the other 2. Meaning a better aluminum was used or it is just larger, making it heavier.
    Last edited by lektro; 07-07-2018 at 04:01 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    I liked my Integy parts on my rustler back in 2010. Had no issues with the parts.
    Brushless RiPs Nitro Drips.