RC poster

3D Chrome Adhesive Letters for the Bronco?

Hi All,

Pretty new to RC in general and I'm breaking in with the TRX-4 Bronco, which seems like a great vehicle to start on.

I love everything about the look of this rig with one exception. I can't for the life of me understand using the cheesey decal for the FORD logo across the front of the hood. Four simple chrome, raised letters would have been a knockout in comparison, IMO.

That said, can the correct size letters and font be found anywhere? If someone can point me to where I can find chrome, adhesive letters that will work, I'd be grateful.

Thank you in advance!

RC poster
    Get the Wish app on ur phone then use the search bar and search "Traxxas TRX 4 Bronco" then look and see what else u find. Lots of stuff on that app for the TRX 4 platform at a great price shipping can sometimes take a while but worth the wait. Good luck!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    3d print em! You'll have to be very careful just like applying decals but you can 3d print the letters and due to size, easily heat mold them if they need contouring. After that probably just super glue using an x-acto to place them just like a decal and hope you have surgeon steady hands.

RC Racer
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/1-10-Scale-F-...-/282940120385

(From China) I have these and they look ace

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah I have a set in the package from ebay too, they look pretty nice, hope they're durable enough. CCHand makes the set from what I've seen. Comes with the front letters and the rear letters on the tail gate as well.

RC poster
    Perfect!

Thanks guys for the great suggestions. I ended up going with the Ebay set as I think that will fit the bill nicely. It'd be cool if they were three dimensional and had some depth to them, but even flat that will be much better than the decal.

Great stuff.

RC Enthusiast
    I think you'll be pleased with them. They have just enough dimension to let you know they're there when you run your finger over them, and pretty scale IMO. Looking forward to installing mine.

RC poster
    Great to hear!

I've been trying to figure out the best way to accurately mark where they will need to go once the decal is removed...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by stnmikita View Post
    Great to hear!

I've been trying to figure out the best way to accurately mark where they will need to go once the decal is removed...

What I planned on doing was marking where the orig. decal is with masking tape, removing it and replacing it with the new letters, although one of the body shells I have, the factory decal is noticeably off center too. :/

RC Racer
    The cc hand emblem is a bit wider than the factory decal. I used the ridge at the bottom of the hood as a guide and the edges line up close to the lines on the hood too. Masking tape can provide a line to follow and set the edges.

RC poster
    HOLY CRAP!

That paint scheme looks fantastic!!!

(And the letter look great too!)