RC Enthusiast

2065 Servo Spring Horn Replacement

Howdy all! I had to replace my shift servo horn a couple times now and so I made a tool to do it. Below is the link to the thing at thingiverse.com (3d printing stuff) as well as the video that explains how to use it. Hope this helps someone else like it did me so you can avoid replacing the brand new servo you just bought simply trying to install this blippin spring horn

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2988417

https://youtu.be/RrMNfvb2Fkg
    Last edited by entityunknown; 07-03-2018 at 06:37 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Why is this useful? You need to keep consistent downward pressure on the horn while holding the assembly and hoping the 1mm offset from the gears to the servo doesn't change your indexing. It really sucks but either you're good at it or this tool will helyou

RC Racer
    I watched the vid, and still must not be putting this all together. I too stripped out a gear set the first time i replaced this servo, and cant specifically figure out whats going wrong during install. Last gears stripped cause during pull load, it hit the cable maximum before servo max so it just kept turning until the gears broke. I couldnt even hit the switch quick enough to reverse it, happened in about 1/10 sec ��

RC Enthusiast
    Try plugging it into your steering servo CH1 first. Let it power up and go to center. The diff servo is all forward or all back (full left or full right) This gives you leeway when screwing it back on because you can go forward or back a bit and not hurt anything since no gears will be bound up. I know the two servos I had came fully moved to the rear so one bit of overturn and it was done for.

If you got it in, you might just have indexed the horn wrong. If it's 1 tooth forward or back, you will break it do to over pulling or pushing.
    Last edited by entityunknown; 08-04-2018 at 09:17 AM.

RC Racer
    Possibly 1 tooth off i suppose. I originally follwed the manual to make the notch on the saver parallel when installing. Idont know how to figure out the precise tooth?