RC Enthusiast

I am losing connection after going about 20-25 yards?

So I fully charge everything up and take the car out. Iím drop it down and go down my street and all of a sudden I canít throttle my car at all but I can turn still sometimes. Realized after 20-25 yards no matter how fast or slow the car goes, I canít throttle period for about 30 seconds to a minute. Sometimes I have to walk closer to the car for it to go.

What would be causing this?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you check the batteries in the transmitter? You can also recalibrate the ESC if that doesn't cure it. Look in your reciever box when it's not responding. If the lights red you might need new batteries in the transmitter or try binding the radio system again.

RC Qualifier
    Have you tried driving in a different location, and if so did it still not work beyond 20-25 feet.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes I tried at the local school and a field not far from me. The batteries were replaced twice and I made sure they were fully charged. As for the ESC every time I got to the car the light was solid green everytime. I have been trying to figure this out for the last 4-5 hours now lol. Iím so stumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Open the receiver box and check the antenna wire. If itís been pinched bad or cut for some reason youíll have the issue you are experiencing.

RC Racer
    Clear all the trans settings (reboot trans to defaults) and reset. Or better yet, get a decent transmitter. Also check that antenna. I had short range with a Rustler that turned out to be transmitter. Switched to TQI system and prob gone. I actually was sent trans fo 1/16 car.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

A cut antenna on a 2.4ghz setup will affect it a lot. They are a specific length and any deviation from that length kills the range.

Could also be the receiver is dying. I've had that happen with spektrum receivers. They work fine until a hard hit or just time, then the range gets cut to 1/3 it was originally.

I've never used a traxxas 2.4ghz. I have a couple in a drawer, but receivers are something I always swap out so I can run my main transmitter for everything. So I throw the original transmitter/receiver in a drawer and forget about it. I think I actually threw away some of my old AM/FM stuff, but I have 2 sets of traxxas 2.4ghz somewhere. I figure if my radio dies and I HAVE TO BASH, then I have an alternate, but odds are, I'd just order a new radio and wait. lol!
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    Well I decided to go to the hobby shop and borrow a controller to check it itís my receiver or controller. Turns out itís the receiver. I have a new one on the way.

Thanks everyone for the help.

RC Qualifier
    I am going to keep an eye on this with mine. I noticed it twice so far.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours