RC Racer

Question Why is Stampede 4x4 ProTrac Kit discontinued?

I've been thinking about getting the ProTrac kit for my Stampede 4x4 VXL. Most of the information I found on the forums was about using the Slash ProTrac Kit (the information is very old). Pro-Line released a ProTrac kit specifically for the Stampede 4x4 (I think sometime in 2012). The part number 6083-00. This kit is now discontinued. Why was it discontinued? Is the best way to get the ProTrac kit on the Stamped 4x4 to buy the Slash 4x4 version?

RC Qualifier
    Lots of Pro-Line stuff is Discontinued. Odd...

Looks like the slash 4x4 stuff is your best option now.
    Brushless RiPs Nitro Drips.

I don't know what the difference between the 2 kits was, but I bought the slash 4x4 kit and just didn't use the wheels or camber links. I had the traxxas blue aluminum camber links that are actually long enough for the kit. The steering links were a little too short that were included, so I ended up using some from a different model. The only thing I used out of the kit was the arms which obviously work on a slash or a stampede. Just for clarification- the steering links are technically long enough, the rod ends are just kinda short and don't thread on very far. I ripped one off my first time out, so I nipped it in the bud and went with something else. I just looked up the kits- the only difference is the stampede kit didn't include the wheels. The wheels just return the slash width back to legal racing width, less offset I think. So if your ok just pitching the wheels or giving them to somebody just get the slash version.
    Last edited by nickruger; 07-08-2018 at 06:46 AM.