RC Enthusiast

Is the slash any good?

I currently have rustler VXL on a 3s LiPo that I use mostly on the street, and sometimes off-road. Iíve had it for more than 3 years now, and Iím thinking about buying a slash. Iím 14, and Iím wondering if itís any good on both road and off-road, and how tall it is, wheel travel, etc. I drive my rustler very hard, and Iím not sure if I should drop a lot of money on my rustler to fix it, get new shocks, etc. Or buy a slash 4wd VXL

I love my slash 4x4s, I have two of them. Having said that, the street is not the best place for them. If you have it in your budget, keep the rustler (I have that as well) for your on road adventures and use the slash (2wd or 4x4) for dirt and or skate parks. I think they are tons of fun, and that's coming from a 34 year old kid.

it's alright son, I'll fix it when you break it.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    If you have it in your budget, keep the rustler (I have that as well) for your on road adventures and use the slash (2wd or 4x4) for dirt and or skate parks. I think they are tons of fun, and that's coming from a 34 year old kid.
    +1. I have my rustler set up for street use and my slash for my backyard basher. The slash is a great vehicle. Tons of threads out there with reviews and opinions from people. Im a 31 year old kid
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry, was running out of time when writing the first post. I’m definitely keeping my rustler, and I’m just looking for a new toy. I was looking at the slash VXL as an option. Not sure about 2WD vs 4WD yet. I still have a while before I decide. I’m thinking about fixing up my rustler between now and Christmas so it isn’t breaking all the time. For Christmas I think I can make a deal where I pay for 100-200$ of a now RC car, and my parents get the rest for me for Christmas. What FnFancy said sounds like a good idea, to use the rustler on road and get another car/truck for off road. Any advice or tips on anything I’ve mentioned would be helpful, thanks!

RC Qualifier
    The Slash platform is very fun. According to what your saying, it sounds like you'll like the LCG chassis slash for your style and area that your driving in.
    Brushless RiPs Nitro Drips.

RC poster
    my sons and I each have the 2x4 Slash. theirs is the stock brushed motor, I've updated mine w/the Low Center of Gravity (LCG) chassis, Castle brushless motor, and various other parts. Stock it is a lot of fun to bash, modified even more fun.