RC poster

Steering quit working out of nowhere

Need some input! Finally got my son's Slayer tuned where she is snappy as and idling like a champ! Steering servo was working 10sec before we went outside setting to and camber on kitchen table. Go outside and it fires faster than any RC I have had (Savage is pull start and usually takes 3 pulls) brought idle down a little then waited for low jet adjustment to clear, punch it to check for bog, there is zero! Guess what else there is zero of? Steering! Tried the remote for my HPI which is a much higher end remote that all digital but still should have worked. The disappointment ton his face almost killed me! Not to mention I was up till 5am putting a sway bar kit, spool, and what I thought would be 1 lower A arm, then I noticed the new ones where like 15mm wider a side so I had to change the whole front end and reset everything!

Where would you guys start I want to fix it with one order because I don't have a local hobby shop so basically I'm going to order everything it could be that way it's going to be fixed regardless I was going to order a new remote a new processor for the truck where all the servos plug-in(even though I pulled the steering servo out and put it in an open Channel then switched it on the remote and it didn't do which leads me to believe the remote took a crap I just don't know how common it is for the steering to go out) I guess a new steering servo too and that's all I can think of maybe a new set of crystals too? any opinions and all opinions are more than welcome I'm tired of seeing my little man disappointed Thanks in advance!!!!!
    Last edited by Double G; 07-07-2018 at 06:30 PM. Reason: language

RC Qualifier
    I'd try a new servo first. You could switch the throttle servo over to the steering terminal and see if the transmitter operates that servo first to test the transmitter, receiver, servo. Also if you're getting a new radio i'd reccomend a 2.4 mghz TX/RX like the 6516/6519 combo.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Your Slayer must be the early version with the silver chassis, i bought arms for that one by mistake. Mine is the newer blue chassis that's longer and wider. The part numbers are the same but the wider arms have an X on the end.

RC poster
    It is the early version, if I bought the new remote that has the Telemetry capabilities with the new little processor would I still be able to run it even though I'm not hooking up the Telemetry crap

I didn't mind one bit but I am slightly concerned that I may have to get different tie rods eventually I'm not sure how well they're going to hold up to crashes and I don't know what tie rods to order to make sure they're in for the longer arms I actually don't mind the wider stance at all

I was just finally able to get a little bit of peace and quiet in my house and I put my hearing aid in and I was able to hear the steering servo making a constant high-pitched buzzing noise so I'm pretty confident and between that and the fact that it was only turning 30 percent of its full capability sometimes then hundred percent then 10% basically it was all over the place that it save to say the servo is the issue, I have a spare 2055 and a 2018 not sure if either is strong enough tho?

Nope both are too weak, good news is now I know what's wrong and it was the cheapest option so I can get him the 17 mm hub adapters and and some new wheels and tires. Thanks for the tire pics

Tire pics was another post! Lol
    Last edited by Double G; 07-07-2018 at 06:30 PM.

RC Qualifier
    You can google the torque specs but i believe the 2055 is less torqueythan the 2075. Not sure about the other servo. Go to traxxas support and use the blowup diagram for the newer slayer to get the part #'s for those rods.

RC poster
    It is, I'm gonna Rob the high torque off my Savage when I get home to surprise him in the morning, I already have 2 waterproof 2075s on the way, 17mm adapters with 10mm offset but now I am hu g up on wheels and tires selection I wanna go a little taller (1in overall) and at least a full inch wider. I found some jato wheels and tires that look about right but it's hard to tell just looking at a phone screen the nearest hobby shop to me is over 2 hours away so anything I have to do is via the web and I hate to buy some crap to have to turn around and sell it without even using it and take a loss on it I don't want to put a lot of strain on the drivetrain I just want to give it a little more stability especially with a youngster driving it I'm not sure how many millimeter hex the Jato uses but I'll find out sometime tonight
    Last edited by Double G; 07-07-2018 at 06:31 PM.