Thread: Ressurection 2

Ressurection 2

Ok fellars, im on project num 2 lol, my nitro pede. Heres pics from when i bought it. The red body is now on my sons, im goina buy a body to paint... I had a parts truck as well. I opted for the black chassis over the blue. Added a tmaxx tank, wp stampede rx box, made a mount plate for rx box. Idk if the .15 runs yet, waitin on parts. So far ive got red trx casters, pull start, n stock knuckles n stubs ordered. Im goina for a red, white, n blue theme. Using the silver in place of the white... Its goina be a slow build. Debating on stayin with the .15 or go for a 2.5 or 3.3 lol. More pics to come as parts come in n progress is made. Any suggestions are more than welcome

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Heres the rx box mount

Traxxas Marshal
    Progress! You're off to a good start!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Thanks cooleo! Cant wait to get all my parts gathered up lol. Im goina try to get this old .15 to start. Idk if i wanna keep the .15 if it runs, or bump to a 2.5 or 3.3. Also tryin to decide wat tires n wheels i want. Do i go off road tires like talons or trenchers, or go on road with anacondas or somethin similar? 12mm or 17mm? Ahhhh so many decisions lmbo

Traxxas Marshal
    I honestly don't know why anyone would want more than the Pro .15 in their N-Stampede. Mine seems to produce more than enough power for this truck with the 33% Top Fuel I use. I can't imagine keeping the front end down with even more power on tap!

As for tires, I'd stick with monster truck sized tires. Little Anacondas might look a little silly on a monster truck (but that's just me). My N-Stampede is still rocking the original chevrons.

My sons (my 1st nitro ever, passed down) has the .15 n wheelies like no other. We use top fuel 20%. His has the 8 hole 2.2 wheels (rears) like the old rustys had with PL trenchers. Ive got the old 5 spoke 2.2s with original chevrons, but one is dry rotted. Plus side, they were never glued. This one im buildin came with 2.8 all stars n talons, but one of the hexes are rounded out.

U still run the rear exhaust or did u go with the header n tuned pipe? We still have the rear exhaust, but instead of the long tips, i ordered the nhawk tips. Theyre tucked up under body n angle toward corners of the body. Looks better i think.

Traxxas Marshal
    You could always remove the tire from the stripped wheel and mount it on another one.

I use a turned side exhaust.

I would stay with .15, or a 2.5r. I have a pede with a 2.5r, running on 30%. It is a wheelie moster. It requires a wheelie bar.
    It is alot of fun, I cant even imagine a 3.3 would be fun at all. I think it would just be to much power. I think the 2.5r pushes that boundary of power to fun sometimes.
    My other one has a modded .15, with a good tuned pipe. It runs really good, and still will pull the front end up alot.
    Looks like you have a good start. Nice to see someone else reviving the nitro pedes.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

The more yall respond, the more the .15 sounds like the winner lol. I got some parts in today, so wen i get to the house later today, im goina see if i can get the ol .15 started. Guess i could try n get that tire off, it would be cheaper to buy a wheel rather than a full set or even just a pair.

Its a shame they quit makin the npede. Theyre soooo much fun, easy to tune, n such a great starter truck. Think i may try n snag another one lol

Traxxas Marshal
    Yeah, if it were a bigger truck like the T-Maxx, I'd say upgrade. The Pro .15 did okay in the T-Maxx from my experience, but I could see how people would want more.

Getting the tire off isn't hard. I boil my tires to break the glue. Just be VERY careful, as the tire foams will soak up all of that boiling water. I usually let mine cool for a good bit of time AND run them under cold water in the sink. Even still, my fingers have still gotten a little toasty at times. As long as you're careful, it works quite well.

Well, my plan to attempt to start the .15 is still on hold lol. Got the pull start in yesterday, but i didnt have the rite OWB smh. So now ive gotta wait some more lol. Hopefully b able to order more parts this weekend

If you were closer, I would help you out and give you one. I guess I could take a vacation, and a road trip, lol.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

Traxxas Marshal
    Bummer, it always stinks when something like an OWB holds you up. Mine has been on its last leg...since...as long as I can remember. I just keep cleaning it out and it works long enough to keep me going. Granted, it has been a while. But still.

The one ive got is for the 2.5 smh. I was so ansy to hear it run lol. O well, wats a few more days?. Just gives me more time for new ideas/mods to do to it lol. So far ive never had a OWB go out on me (knock on wood). But i try not to run in to dusty areas or in mud n water.

Traxxas Marshal
    It's hard to have an OWB go out on you when you don't have the right one to use!

Haha. Hopefully you get the proper one soon. Good luck getting her fired up!

Right lol. Hopefully i can order this weekend. Cant wait to hear it run