RC poster

Summit on velineon vxl-3s

So it has been a while since ive been working on my summit and i bought the velineon vxl-3s 3500and took note that it only has 1 battery connector. It is probably a very simple question to answer but should i just run 1 battery in the summit or is there an esc that would work with 2. Any responses help. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    The VLX ESC is not made for the Summit and will burn it and the motor up. You need a 1/8 scale motor and ESC like the CC MMX or XLX and the 2200kv motor like in the EREVO. The VLX ESC/motor combo is made for 1/10 type vehicles like the slash, rustler, and bandit. The erevo and Summit are really 1/8th scale vehicles that need a much larger motor/ESC combo. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it may be for the better so as you donít ruin the VLX setup. Sell it and get a true 1/8th scale motor/ESC combo.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm happy with this one:
    https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...ant=6409672516

It's not much more than the vxl-3s combo and went right in with no problems.

Some people will say "don't get a sensorless motor, they can't crawl", but mine seems to do fine at low speed. Then again, I'm not a hard-core crawler. The only downside I've seen is that I tried to take on a huge hill at high speed and broke 3-out-of-4 axles...