RC Racer

Bandit wheels on a slash

Can I put bandit wheels on my slash without any problems? And will bandit rears get more traction on loose dirt than the stock slash mud terrains?

If memory serves the front Bandit wheels are different and will not bolt up directly. Also, the front Bandit wheels are 2.2 on the inner side, and likely will not clear the C-hubs. The back wheels should bolt right up with not problems.

No. Traxxas stock tires are made for longevity, and are not really great for traction, and with a couple of exceptions, is true for most Traxxas model (which is true for just about any RTR on the market).

What surfaces do you run most on? Proline Trenchers are a good all-terrain tire, Badlands are better suited if you are running in grass and/or dirt/gravel, but will wear very quickly on pavement.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gru734 View Post
    Can I put bandit wheels on my slash without any problems? And will bandit rears get more traction on loose dirt than the stock slash mud terrains?
    I would try Rustler rears (for the rear of the slash) instead they are wide but not to tall they are about the same height as sct wheels. They will not last to long with road use but in grass and dirt they are not that bad. I like pin and knobby tires in grass and dirt but with pavement use can wear down rather fast.
    Last edited by Igottabeme; 07-10-2018 at 09:57 AM.