RC Qualifier

Stampede 4x4 VXL Grease or Diff oil?

I知 replacing my worn spur gear on the rear diff on my year old 4x4 VXL Stampede. While I知 in there I thought I壇 grease/fill the rear diff. I知 pretty sure Hobby Town recommended the wrong thing which was graphite powder. Sifting through threads I知 seeing that grease is used and others are using 50-100 oil. Any help would be great! Thanks everyone

Yep, diff oil is what you want inside the diff. Maybe they were thinking of outside on the big ring gear. 30 to 50 weight is common, some go much higher.

This is the first time I have ever heard of anyone using graphite powder on anything other than a stiff lock. I would highly not, recommend that. 50K to 100K diff fluid.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Enthusiast
    I bet graphite powder leaves the diff wide open. It値l drive way better with diff fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y couldnt sumbody use grease in the diff cup? Would it not b the same as a heavy fluid?

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBama View Post
    Y couldnt sumbody use grease in the diff cup? Would it not b the same as a heavy fluid?

I say you can use either or. Both my diff cups on the slash were full of grease until I re-built them with the I blocks and the steel crossbar bar mounts. now I have 50k fluid in them. User preference on that one.
    Choose Life !!!

I packed mine with grease. They seem to be holdin up a lil better i think. Im usin the grease we use on our concrete trucks, tri-axle, kw n freightshaker n trailers. So its good stuff lol

RC Qualifier
    I went back and returned the powder and spoke with another rep. I ended up going with Protek Premier White gear grease

RC Qualifier
    For the transmission gears, lithium grease works amazing on the gears. Traxxas fills the diffs half full with grease. thats why all the new trucks have a open diff feeling. Diffs can be filled with heavy grease or oil. I've seen people do both with out issue. I like to use grease.
    Brushless RiPs Nitro Drips.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Skitter302 View Post
    For the transmission gears, lithium grease works amazing on the gears. Traxxas fills the diffs half full with grease. thats why all the new trucks have a open diff feeling. Diffs can be filled with heavy grease or oil. I've seen people do both with out issue. I like to use grease.
    I知 more in the bashing category and like to go from dirt, to gravel, to street, to grass. I壇 say short grass, dirt, and pavement

For my 2wd trucks, for the gear diff I fill the cup with Moly-Lithium grease. It works well. It痴 like a black grease.

Slash 4x4 and Slash VXL owner