RC Qualifier

Issues with stability during yaw.

I'm sure most of you have noticed while yawing (any mode besides film) the aton gets very unstable wobbling weather its during a hover or even while traveling it will wobble the only way it doesn't do it is if you add way more throttle.

Well today i also noticed this is even worse with the air brake applied and I'm hoping Traxxas sees this issue. Before anyone comments try this first. Put the aton in sport mode send it up to a safe elevation apply the air brake and keep the the brake on now full yaw left then full yaw right ( stock settings ) the aton flops around all but doing flips it's crazy. I don't have anyone to film it atm but I'll try to get something if possible.

I only am bringing this up because it should be easily fixed by firmware.

Still love flying the aton but it can always be improved
    erbe
    dewalt summit
    merv

RC Racer
    I've noticed this as well. You did a dead on description of what's going on. I agree, the Aton is still super awesome but could definitely be improved when it comes to the yaw situation. However, I've only noticed this on sport mode, stock settings or custom settings. Try flying in expert mode and test it. I love flying line of sight with the Aton in expert mode, lately I've been flying it like I stole it and it's been loving it!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfrx720 View Post
    I've noticed this as well. You did a dead on description of what's going on. I agree, the Aton is still super awesome but could definitely be improved when it comes to the yaw situation. However, I've only noticed this on sport mode, stock settings or custom settings. Try flying in expert mode and test it. I love flying line of sight with the Aton in expert mode, lately I've been flying it like I stole it and it's been loving it!
    Good morning. I've been also experiencing this yaw issues...anyone come up with a solution????

RC poster
    I've got 3 atons and they all do but believe me
    Take it up high get it spinning drop throttle it will not flip tumble or get out of upright orientation,little freaky but it won't flop

RC poster
    Hello,
    I'm a beginner but when I hold the airbrake and I turn the left and the brake hold so the quad does not know what to do. Just my opinion.
    Charlie